White House Honey Ale

Anybody make the White House Honey Ale? What was your thoughts? Also when did you add the honey?

I’m gonna be kegging it probably tomorrow, so I havent tasted it yet.
I put the honey in at the 5 min mark.

What did you guys get for a Final Gravity? mine’s been 3 weeks and its barely below 1.020. might leave it a bit longer but i kind of want to bottle that sucker.

I made the honey porter and tasted some when I racked it. With a little carbonation I think this could be my new favorite brew. :cheers:

how long from grain to glass with the porter? 10-day primary? Would be cool to fire a few back on election night. And I’d need to bottle as both my kegs are in use.

I might try to do it, as I have 3lbs of this awesome, vanilla-caramelly-roasted-marshmallowy honey that I’ve been looking to deploy. May have to do a swamp chiller though, as my ferm fridge is being used for my Oktoberfest. Nothing wrong with some brew pipeline!

I brewed the honey porter and the instructions say 4 weeks - so you might be ok, but it will be cutting it close if you are bottling. My porter fermented for 9 days before the krausen dropped and the hydrometer is reading 1010.

hmm, yeah, I’m usually a 2-week-or-more primary guy, but thought it might be worthwhile to do. Then again, brewing for a specific delivery date, when under time constraints, has never seemed to turn out well for me!

Sorry. Haven’t even kegged it yet so I really don’t know. It’s in the secondary now and beautifully clear so I’m guess another three weeks into the glass for a total of fine weeks. :cheers:

Sorry for the typo. Last part should read “total of five weeks.” Had a couple of glasses of wine.

Meadowfoam?

Meadowfoam?[/quote]

YESSIR!!! Sorry to hijack, but do you know of any styles (recipes!) that work with this honey? Not much of a mead guy, but I made a great dubbel with Meadowfoam as my first all grain batch!

I could seriously get into a bathtub of that stuff…

Meadowfoam?[/quote]

YESSIR!!! Sorry to hijack, but do you know of any styles (recipes!) that work with this honey? Not much of a mead guy, but I made a great dubbel with Meadowfoam as my first all grain batch!

I could seriously get into a bathtub of that stuff…[/quote]

Milk stout?
Where do you get yours?

[quote=“Rookie L A”][quote=“Pietro”][quote=“Rookie L A”]

Milk stout?
Where do you get yours?[/quote][/quote][/quote]

Lhbs, Annapolis homebrew. Might do a lighter dubbel