Back to Shopping at NorthernBrewer.com

White House Honey Ale

Anybody make the White House Honey Ale? What was your thoughts? Also when did you add the honey?

I’m gonna be kegging it probably tomorrow, so I havent tasted it yet.
I put the honey in at the 5 min mark.

What did you guys get for a Final Gravity? mine’s been 3 weeks and its barely below 1.020. might leave it a bit longer but i kind of want to bottle that sucker.

I made the honey porter and tasted some when I racked it. With a little carbonation I think this could be my new favorite brew. :cheers:

how long from grain to glass with the porter? 10-day primary? Would be cool to fire a few back on election night. And I’d need to bottle as both my kegs are in use.

I might try to do it, as I have 3lbs of this awesome, vanilla-caramelly-roasted-marshmallowy honey that I’ve been looking to deploy. May have to do a swamp chiller though, as my ferm fridge is being used for my Oktoberfest. Nothing wrong with some brew pipeline!

I brewed the honey porter and the instructions say 4 weeks - so you might be ok, but it will be cutting it close if you are bottling. My porter fermented for 9 days before the krausen dropped and the hydrometer is reading 1010.

hmm, yeah, I’m usually a 2-week-or-more primary guy, but thought it might be worthwhile to do. Then again, brewing for a specific delivery date, when under time constraints, has never seemed to turn out well for me!

Sorry. Haven’t even kegged it yet so I really don’t know. It’s in the secondary now and beautifully clear so I’m guess another three weeks into the glass for a total of fine weeks. :cheers:

Sorry for the typo. Last part should read “total of five weeks.” Had a couple of glasses of wine.

Meadowfoam?

Meadowfoam?[/quote]

YESSIR!!! Sorry to hijack, but do you know of any styles (recipes!) that work with this honey? Not much of a mead guy, but I made a great dubbel with Meadowfoam as my first all grain batch!

I could seriously get into a bathtub of that stuff…

Meadowfoam?[/quote]

YESSIR!!! Sorry to hijack, but do you know of any styles (recipes!) that work with this honey? Not much of a mead guy, but I made a great dubbel with Meadowfoam as my first all grain batch!

I could seriously get into a bathtub of that stuff…[/quote]

Milk stout?
Where do you get yours?

[quote=“Rookie L A”][quote=“Pietro”][quote=“Rookie L A”]

Milk stout?
Where do you get yours?[/quote][/quote][/quote]

Lhbs, Annapolis homebrew. Might do a lighter dubbel

Back to Shopping at NorthernBrewer.com