Which probe for Love TSS2-2100?

Greetings fellow homebrewers!

I’m going to be buying a Love TSS2-2100 to mount in the door of my Sanyo 4910 to make a fermentation chamber. There’s quite a few options on different probes to use with this:

So my question is, which one have others chosen and why?

–Brian

[quote=“Takehiko”]Greetings fellow homebrewers!

I’m going to be buying a Love TSS2-2100 to mount in the door of my Sanyo 4910 to make a fermentation chamber.
–Brian[/quote]

Brian,
Unless you’re in love with the Love Controller you should consider a STC-1000 aquarium controller. I have one on my fermentation chamber that I just finished. I bought it on E-bay. Price with shipping was less than $25 and it includes a temp probe. It came from Hong Kong in about 10 days. I wired it up using directions found here:

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=107457

First learned about them from the Home Brew Talk form here:

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/ebay-aq ... ld-163849/

Lots of folks have been having good luck with them. Just make sure you get the one for 120V.
And it reads out in Celsius but that’s not a big deal.

Not that I have anything against the Love controllers (have some at work) It’s just that the STC-1000 is much less expensive. And sorry for not having an answer to your question.
-mark-

I have the TS-21.

Here is a diagram for wiring the ebay TSC-1000.

viewtopic.php?p=943223#p943223

Spanky, thanks for the input!

Alfalfa and Nighthaw, I’ll look into the STC model too.

If anybody else has one of these I’d still like to hear which probe you chose.

I have it just hanging so its in the middle of my freezer and it works fine.

the ebay controller works fine but it reads only in Celsius so you’ll need to convert for Fahrenheit.

I checked out the STC model but decided to stick with the Love controller because I prefer the greater accuracy of F over C. And I went with the TS-21 just for good measure. Thanks for all the input everyone!

I’m going to try to put together an project slideshow of wiring this bad boy into the inside of my Sanyo 4910 for a fermentation chamber. Haven’t seen any other examples of this specific combination yet so hopefully someone will find it useful.