Which oxygen system

Getting stuff sucked into the fermentor is my concern as well. I have used O2 with the oxygen injection system from Midwest supply for a long time. if your looking for one, they cannot seem to keep that thing in stock for very often. That system works well enough but I recently upgraded to a medical oxygen system. Also hard to come by unless you have connections in the medical field or know someone who has COPD and uses O2.

BTW, if anyone is interested I don’t need my Midwest O2 injection regulator any more. I would sell it for $25 plus shipping. You can get an air stone from our host and O2 bottles at Lowes or Home Depot. PM me if you are interested. Here’s a picture of the regulator.

Getting stuff sucked into the fermentor is my concern as well. I have used O2 with the oxygen injection system from Midwest supply for a long time. if your looking for one, they cannot seem to keep that thing in stock for very often. That system works well enough but I recently upgraded to a medical oxygen system. Also hard to come by unless you have connections in the medical field or know someone who has COPD and uses O2.

BTW, if anyone is interested I don’t need my Midwest O2 injection regulator any more. I would sell it for $25 plus shipping. You can get an air stone from our host and O2 bottles at Lowes or Home Depot. PM me if you are interested. Here’s a picture of the regulator.[/quote]

I don’t know how to PM you, but I’m interested.

Look at the bottom left-hand corner of the post and you’ll see a “PM” button.

Boil the stone?

Perhaps I’ve been doing this all wrong for 15 years, but that’s the first I’ve heard about boiling the stone. I take it that heat cycling it a few times a year and practicing vigorous sanitation practices just isn’t good enough anymore?

Granted, I understand that the hobby has become much more complicated during the past ten years, but the use of a stone and oxygen tank surely isn’t that complex these days?

Look at the bottom left-hand corner of the post and you’ll see a “PM” button.[/quote]

Thanks, I think I figured it out. :oops: