Where's the wootstout kit?

You have a reach very high levels of lactic acid for it to have an affect on taste in the final product. If 7.6 is your starting water pH with dark grain bills like this you shouldn’t really approach those levels.

I don’t see your final pH in the screenshot but I agree with Loopie that you should be getting it in the 5.4 range to avoid tannins in the finished beer. That’s much more important than your concern about lactic acid.

Try correct the hot liquor to 6.2 BEFORE you mash in… The dark grain will get you the rest of the way… 5.2 -5.6… Sneezles61

@sneezles61, I’m confused. Are you saying you add calcium chloride and gypsum AFTER the mash is complete? Do you add any before dough-in? I’m adding them primarily to reduce mash PH. Secondarily to increase calcium and sulfates.

After additions and before dough-in, my water PH is calc’d to be 6.6. After dough in it is calc’d to be 5.5. Close enough?
Also, I do use cambden tablets (1/4 in both strike and sparge)

Yes… I will only use acid for pH correction of the mash… And 5.5 is in the sweet spot… Then after mash and I pull the basket would I add the Calc. or Gyp… Honestly, I’ve not put a bunch of effort pH correction with those salts… Acid works best, or should I say easiest? Sneezles61