Where to visit in Colorado Springs

I may have an open afternoon in Colorado Springs. I USED to do a lot of business in COS, but this will be my first trip in well over a year. After a pilgrimage to my favorite place on Earth, Garden of the Gods, and saying hi to the kissing camels, I need some recommendations for comfort food and awesome beer.

Recommendations?

Bristol Brewery at Ivywild! Great food and drink.

I lived there years ago (30+), but before drinking age. We made many trips to Garden of the Gods. Outstanding!

The last time I visited was about 12 yrs. ago, just don’t remember where we went.

There is a an awesome BBQ/micro brew, but can not remember the name. Its near one of the exits near the academy. Pretty good BBQ and awesome beer.

Maybe Colorado Mountain Brewery? Great microbrew, but not BBQ…

Being told by family I got the place confused. The BBQ place was Famous Dave’s, and the the micro brew I was thinking of is in Golden. But it’s also possible that FD served Col Mtn Brew, because I remember having some good local brew at the BBQ joint. .

I’m at Ft Carson, and phantom canyon downtown is one of my favorite places, the beer is good and the chicken and waffles are amazing!