Where to find Corny Kegs?

10lb CO2 tank = check!
Duel stage regulator = check!
Appropriate hoses with ball lock connections = check
Chest freezer converted to fridge = check!
Beer = check!

The only think I am missing in my draft setup are two good corny kegs. I’ve searched the web and found a few “reconditioned” but not guaranteed kegs for $50 plus shipping. I also have been actively stalking Craigslist.

Any ideas from you pros out there? I am looking for 2 ball lock corny kegs that hold pressure.I don’t mind replacing the o rings if necessary.

Thanks,

David

I’ve seen beverage elements selling their single handle kegs for $23.95 + s/h. I have 4 of them, and they are guarnateed to hold a seal, they’re just not shiny and new.

http://www.bvrgelements.com/

“reconditioned” would mean new o-rings. With the o-rings being replaced they should hold pressure.

Unless they have a compromise in the tank itself. Then they should have found it and never replaced the o-rings.

There is a chance the broke an o-ring and a leak could form. Easy to fix with a new one.

If the tank has a hole in this seam, they should replace it. Or, you post about the poor customer service on some message board and no one buys from them again. :wink:

I’ve got mine at our host’s store. walked in, and was handed a used keg and a set of new O-rings.

Man, after checking them out online thet are getting scarce and more pricey! Glad I bought 10 of them over the last couple of years…

If you find a good deal you may want to buy more than 2.

[quote=“Loopie Beer”]Man, after checking them out online thet are getting scarce and more pricey! Glad I bought 10 of them over the last couple of years…

If you find a good deal you may want to buy more than 2.[/quote]

I think the value of not cleaning, sanitizing and capping 2 cases of beer is worth the price of a new keg. The keg will last a life time.

I’m not saying everyone that doesn’t keg should keg. But if you want to, even new prices worth the cost.

Plan to buy 2+ times as many kegs as you want to have on tap.

Where are you located at?
I been looking for Corney type kegs also, I think I may have found some, should know more soon.

I live in Summerville, SC. If you are anywhere close, I’d meet you. Let me know.

Check out Ken’s post today. It looks like a reconditioned ball lock keg for $40.00. Thats a good price!

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=113666

I buy allot of my stuff from these guys http://www.homebrewing.org/Home-Brew-Kegs_c_223.html

Same here.

McEver Distributors Inc. in New Smyrna Beach, FL. They have pin and ball lock for $29 & $39. $39 are in better shape. I ordered some $29 a while back and they were fine. Ordered more today.

It’s not the price of the keg that really bothers me; it’s the shipping! Trying to find local before heading elsewhere.

What is local to you?

Good question. I suppose anywhere within an hour or so. Live in charleston SC. Closet brew shop is in Columbia (2 hrs away)

My deal did not work out.

They didn’t want to sell enough at one time or do much better on the price at the few they wanted to sell per order. I’m still looking again.

That McEver Distributors Inc. on Ebay has make offer and if you look at the feedback everyone but one person has liked the kegs they got.
They have sold a few before for about $20 it shows in Feedback also, so I might make a $20 or $25 offer.
All they can do is say NO then just make a higher offer if you want.

Forget that nutty EBAY shipping price. I was told they can put 4 in a box and shipping to me was about $35. NOT the $42 for one that Ebay shows on the listing!
Might want to ask them about shipping to you before you buy to be sure though!

Def call mcevers for price. I’m getting 8 kegs for $60 shipping. Not great but still less than $40 per keg with tax and shipping. I’m in the same state though.

I just bought four at $40 a piece from a guy I found out about on this forum.

Here’s his facebook, send him an email and he’ll hook you up. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Corny-Ke … 9806587758

4 years ago these things used to be 25 bucks a pop, now 60 is a pretty common price. I would jump on this, I did, they arrived and they were quality. Now I just gotta fill 'em

[quote=“Nighthawk”][quote=“Loopie Beer”]Man, after checking them out online thet are getting scarce and more pricey! Glad I bought 10 of them over the last couple of years…

If you find a good deal you may want to buy more than 2.[/quote]

I think the value of not cleaning, sanitizing and capping 2 cases of beer is worth the price of a new keg. The keg will last a life time.

I’m not saying everyone that doesn’t keg should keg. But if you want to, even new prices worth the cost.

Plan to buy 2+ times as many kegs as you want to have on tap.[/quote]
I agree, it’s not that much money in the grand scheme of your brewing career. It will last you forever, and you’ll be the only one who ever used it.

If you have not done so yet, try craigslist, I purchased about 7 ball lock kegs for 30 each. If you can’t find adds for kegs, then consider putting up a “want to buy” add. That worked for me.