Where to drink in Denver?

I’ll leaving for Denver tomorrow and will be in town for four nights. I am staying at the downtown Marriott at 1701 California Street and will be on foot. I’ve been to the Falling Rock and the Wynkoop on a previous trip. Suggestions?

Check out Strange Brew at 13th and ?Zuni. You can bike or take light rail or walk, but not after dark. Renegade Brewery is on 9th between Santa Fe and Kalamath. Breckenridge Brewery is at 471 Kalamath. Good barbecue too. And just a couple blocks south from them is the Rackhouse Pub which has 20 Colorado taps. They also make Stranahan’s Whiskey. Wit’s End is a new nanobrewery on 2nd just west of I-25 in an industrial area.

In the other direction is the Great Divide Brewery at 22nd and Arapahoe. A little farther East on Blake is the new River North Brewery which is where the Flying Dog was before they left us. And across the river is the Denver Beer Company.

After the brewpub explosion 15 years ago nothing much happened until the last year and it’s exploding again.

That should keep you busy for a day or 2.

Cheers

A few blocks south and east on Colfax is a really nice Belgian pub called The Cheeky Monk. Great food and an awesome Belgian beer selection. There are several good places along the 16th Ave walking section, between your hotel and Wynkoop. Almost any bar will have half a dozen or so craft beer taps. There’s a Rock Bottom in there IIRC, and a really weird bar/diner that’s adjacent to an old theatre and has 20-30 taps. The name escapes me at the moment. There’s also the Sandlot brewpub at Coors Field, but I have no idea what their hours are when the Rockies aren’t in town.

The SandLot is only open when the Rockies are playing. If you do go, just ask for the brewers and they’ll take you downstairs where they keep the good stuff.

I think the Falling Rock has more Belgians than the Cheeky Monk and they’re more affordable.

Cheeky Monk has a happy hour from 11-1 on Saturday where the drafts are 1/2 off. I havent been there in a while (new kid in the house) but I assume that is still going on.

Great Divide is my happy place.

Euclid is a great place downtown for eclectic food and they have a good beer list.

I would go back to Wynkoop even if you’ve been there before. Go upstairs, grab a pint and play some pool/shuffle board.

Have fun, the weather’s been great

I’m heading out to the airport in a few minutes. Thanks for the suggestions. I’ll be sure to check several of them out.

On your trip back there is a New Belgium restaurant at the end of Concourse ?B? And a Boulder Brewing one in the main concourse.

We enjoyed Rock Bottom

I went to Strange for the first time a couple of weeks ago and didnt like that place at all. I thought most of there beers were bad, and we left 60% of the beer on our sample paddle in the glass and left. So far, that’s the only place in Denver I’ve been that I hadnt found at least a few good beers.