Where oh where did I go wrong?

Maybe I haven’t waited long enough or maybe I am in trouble haha…I bottled my first batch of beer (Irish Red) on 1/28/14 (a week and a day ago) I have had them in the basement where they fermented and stays at a steady 62-66 degrees…but, I still have NO carbonation! the taste of the beer is good (as good as flat beer can be) but it doesnt seem to be carbonating! I followed the directions on the primer sugar bag…any suggestions??? :shock:

you need to wait one more week plus six more days…patience grasshopper
0/6
.kol.7

If it’s closer to 70 upstairs, I’d move them up there. also, more time.

Awesome thanks guys! Will def go ahead and do both! :cheers:

Now that they are bottled you can also move them to a slightly warmer place, maybe upstairs where it might get up to 68-72. Finally you can give each one a small little swirl. Just pick the whole box up and swirl it around just 1-2 times, just a very slight little bit…

That first batch is sooooo hard to wait for, isn’t it? I usually wait a month after bottling before opening the first bottle.

Yeah it is…I will just have to pass the time by brewing another…seeing the empty carboys is plain old disappointing! I think it’s time to get a move on my pumpkin ale!