When a beer is carbonated...then what?

So I forced carbed my speckeld heifer for the game tonight and it is good to go. Do I release the CO2 that is in the headspace of the keg then set it to serving pressure?

Or should I keep feeding it like 10psi for another few days to stabilize the volume in the beer?

I forced carbed @ 30psi for about 17hrs then reduced it to 10psi for about 2hrs then served a test glass and it was good to go. I did a “3 spurts” from the relief valve and left it there throughout the game tonight. No one complained about it being too carbonated.

Thanks.

Set your regulator to your serving pressure and leave it hooked up to the keg. 10-12 PSI for serving seems to be about the norm. If you don’t leave the gas hooked up you’ll eventually run out of pressure to push the beer out.

Ok so don’t release the pressure from the valve and keep 10psi ish pressure to feed the beer through the tap?

Thanks

[quote=“spikbeatz”]Ok so don’t release the pressure from the valve and keep 10psi ish pressure to feed the beer through the tap?

Thanks[/quote]

Opinions will vary I’m sure…but after force carbing and assuming I haven’t used the “shake the hell out of it” method, I do release the pressure and reset the regulator for around 10psi.
That works for me, and gives me a good idea on the first pour where my carb level is.

Gotcha. Thanks. Yeah it seems to be getting better now. Last night was way better then super bowl night. I’ve got it coming out at 10psi.

Thanks everyone.