Whats your spring or summer beer?

I like lagers and bitter beers in summer. A dortmunder is next on the brew schedule then a amarillo, simcoe IPA.

I like to always keep a Cream ale and a Pale ale around for session drinking. I like to make the same Pale ale but with a different hop each time for comparison purposes. I also keep a couple IPAs and something big for later in the evening.

The next three batches for me are rye ipa, mild, and a special bitter.

J

Gonna do a cream ale, then a test run of my house pale recipe. Definitely an ipa & wit at some point. Also, never made a saison. Would like to try one BIAB. Any suggestions?

I plan to brew my first American IPA in the next month or so. Previously all the IPAs that I’ve done have been British.

Czech Pilsner
Kolsch
Oberon Clone

Will be bottling my Chinook IPA this weekend and brew an APA the next weekend. Next month I’ll probably repeat my (orange zest infused) Summer Ale from last year for which I placed third in the homebrew contest at my local county fair (going to get 1st this time around).

Happy Easter folks!

Spring for me means pilsner followed by Oktoberfest with a long lager! My favorite time of the year.

Big fan of the lighter german lagers - Helles, Pils, Dortmunder… Also, American Pale ale, IPA, Amber ales are always good.

I’m just finishing up a run of lagers, getting them lagering in the kegerator. Once the ferm chamber is clear, I’m going to throw down some lower-gravity beers:

Patersbier! If you haven’t brewed it, this is a real winner.
Centennial Blonde (from HBT)

Kolsch
Pilsner Ale
Waldo Lake Amber
House IPA

I wish I had more cider on hand! I’m down to about a case of cider from 2008, and it’s really good.

For summer, I like to make the following: Czech Pilsner, German Pilsner, SMaSH pilsner,APA, Ballantine IPA, Ballantine Beer, Belgian Witt and my version of Ithaca Flower Power. Of course, I like to share once in awhile.

This year I’m planning on making a SMASH summer ale

100% vienna
EK goldings
German ale yeast fermented at 55F
20-30 IBU
5% ABV

a good easy drinking brew

something like that :cheers:

[quote=“S.Scoggin”]This year I’m planning on making a SMASH summer ale

100% vienna
EK goldings
20-30 IBU
5% ABV

something like that :cheers: [/quote]

Nice! Will have to brew this. I’ve become a big fan of German Ale yeast - also nice in an Amber.

[quote=“tookalisten”][quote=“S.Scoggin”]This year I’m planning on making a SMASH summer ale

100% vienna
EK goldings
20-30 IBU
5% ABV

something like that :cheers: [/quote]

Nice! Will have to brew this. I’ve become a big fan of German Ale yeast - also nice in an Amber.[/quote]

haven’t brewed it yet. although i’m certain it will be tasty

Wheat bottled last week. Honey Kolsch to be brewed this week.

:cheers:

British Bitters. Lots of them.

currently on tap:
Oatmeal Robust Porter
Springtime IPA w/25% wheat malt and 6% toasted flaked oats (columbus, cascade amarillo, calypso)
Midas Touch clone
Pannepot Belgian Quad clone (I’ll probably bottle and cellar this)

Lagering:
Czech Pilsner

sometime soon:
Citra APA

mid-summer:
IPA (columbus, cascade, centennial)

maybes:
English mild or bitter
Scottish 80 shilling
witbier
farmhouse ale or saison

I LOVE seasonal threads!!

I plan on having anything that looks nice in my glass on a hot Texas eveniñg with a “cool” breeze. So pretty much anything but black beers, minus a schwarzbier.

Right now we have planned:
British bitter
German helles
German schwarzbier
German weissbier
APA
American IPA
Kolsch

Dup

Cream ale
Kolsch