What's your best performing hop variety this year?

I’ve got to say my Columbus are rocking this year. The bines are ladden with cones. I plan to pick next weekend.

I picked Galena yesterday. I haven’t finished drying yet so i’m not sure of the volume. I’m afraid I picked them slightly past their prime.

Brewer’s Gold have performed beyond my expectations in their first year. I will actually have a small harvest this year. Northern Brewer, and Willamette produced a few small cones, but the vines/bines look healthy and expectations are high for next year.

As usual, Zeus is stomping all over the competition. A fitting name for this extremely prolific variety!

My Cents did very poorly - mainly because they always seem to send out the strongest shoots far from the main crown, and it’s hard to train them back in. Time to root prune these buggers!

Cascade, Chinook, and Saxon are my top producers two years running, out of a dozen total varieties. Overall, this years production did not match last years though.

This year was fantastic, no bugs!
Chinook(as always) gave me a dry yield of 8 lbs. But my Hallertauers conquered the front yard this year with 10 lbs dry. My wife is not gonna be happy when she opens the freezer.

My chinook is a monster as always.

Surprisingly I got cones from my Golding plant

[quote=“El Capitan”]As usual, Zeus is stomping all over the competition. A fitting name for this extremely prolific variety!

My Cents did very poorly - mainly because they always seem to send out the strongest shoots far from the main crown, and it’s hard to train them back in. Time to root prune these buggers![/quote]

+1 on both accounts.

It was my first year and i got cones off my chinook and zues