What's Next on your docket?

I’ve got a good variety on tap and fermenting; but I am thinking of brewing a blonde ale next, or perhaps a california common.

I’ve got a Pils just about ready to lager, and an historic IPA fermenting right now, and planning on trying a Berliner Weisse with lactobaccilus next. My local club has it on the competition schedule this spring, and I need a few months for the lacto to develop the right amount of sourness. Just bottled a batch of my favorite bitters recipe.

Pliny Clone
BVIP

Coconut honey wheat beer.

I have no idea.

I’ve been brewing extract for a full year now and as I brew I find i’m getting bored. I think it’s time to make the jump to A.G.

Bock

First go at a lager, using the cool temps here in the desert SW and a swamp cooler with ice.

Working on a two step starter right now and will brew on new years day.

Lots. I want to do an Indian Brown Ale, my None More Black IPA, a hefe, and a dunkelweizen. Prolly in that order…
I’m experimenting with Stone’s hopping schedule on those first two I want to brew. Only first wort hops to about…maybe 40 or so IBUs, then add the rest at flame out and do a hopstand for 30 minutes. I want to see how that will change my black IPA…pretty excited.

I’m going to make a 3 gal batch of gluten free brew (can’t bring myself to call it beer). A friend of mine went Celiac, so we’ll see how it turns out. Sorghum syrup and Belgium candi syrup…bottoms up!

Harpdog: careful with your yeast: most is cultured in barley malt in some form or other, and a true celiac will react to molecules of the gluten.

Thanks MZ. Using a yeast recommended in a More Beer kit, was it US04?

I think I’m going to try brewing a beer with honey sometime this year. Over the last couple weeks, I’ve had some commercial beers brewed with honey that have been very interesting. See Thornbridge Jaipur IPA. I thought it was a stunning example.

Its 8am new years day and I am firing up the burner. American Wheat on the schedule this morning. Carribou slobber this weekend perhaps.

That has honey in it? I just tried a bomber of that a few weeks ago. Good stuff. I know I read the label to see what hops they use (no info). I guess the honey didn’t register. You ever try their S. Hemisphere IPA? All Nelson Sauvin hopped. Not bad.

[quote=“midmobrwr”]
That has honey in it? I just tried a bomber of that a few weeks ago. Good stuff. I know I read the label to see what hops they use (no info). I guess the honey didn’t register. You ever try their S. Hemisphere IPA? All Nelson Sauvin hopped. Not bad.[/quote]
Yep, check out the product description here: http://www.thornbridgebrewery.co.uk/tho … -beers.php

I tried Jaipur from a bottle last night and I did not pick up the fruitiness (presumably from the honey) at all. Very disappointing. The draft version I had the other night was magical. The bottle: not so much. But who knows how old the bottle was, since it does not have any type of date on it.

I had the Kipling–which I believe you are referring to as their Southern Hemisphere IPA–last night as well. I enjoyed it. Better than the bottled Jaipur IMO.

[quote=“kcbeersnob”][quote=“midmobrwr”]
That has honey in it? I just tried a bomber of that a few weeks ago. Good stuff. I know I read the label to see what hops they use (no info). I guess the honey didn’t register. You ever try their S. Hemisphere IPA? All Nelson Sauvin hopped. Not bad.[/quote]
Yep, check out the product description here: http://www.thornbridgebrewery.co.uk/tho … -beers.php

I tried Jaipur from a bottle last night and I did not pick up the fruitiness (presumably from the honey) at all. Very disappointing. The draft version I had the other night was magical. The bottle: not so much. But who knows how old the bottle was, since it does not have any type of date on it.

I had the Kipling–which I believe you are referring to as their Southern Hemisphere IPA–last night as well. I enjoyed it. Better than the bottled Jaipur IMO.[/quote]
Okay - they call the Kipling ‘South Pacific Style’, not S Hemisphere. That’s an interesting lineup - I wish their other beers were available around here. Where did you get that on tap?

[quote=“midmobrwr”]
Okay - they call the Kipling ‘South Pacific Style’, not S Hemisphere. That’s an interesting lineup - I wish their other beers were available around here. Where did you get that on tap?[/quote]
I got it on tap at a local pizza shop (Waldo Pizza - KC, MO) that has a several rotating taps. Probably a one time thing. According to their website, it looks like they’ve already kicked the keg.

http://waldopizza.net/kc/beer-wine/

I was seriously thinking about going back today for one more glass. :sad:

That’s a healthy beer lineup for a pizza joint. Might have to stop in there for a slice next time I’m in KC.