What's it worth?

So after 5 years of unsuccessfully growing hops, I decided to dig them up and get rid of them.
I put a post on craigslist that just says “make me an offer” for the price.
I’ve already got several responses asking how much I want for them…but I have no idea.

So what do you think 1 plant would be worth?

What kind of plant?

well if a rhizome is 5-7 bucks. and that’s a 5 year plant. I’d ask for 6 dollar rhizome * 5 years. 30$ (but i’d take 20).

i’d ask for close to the cost of something i needed/wanted to buy.

but that’s just me! what is 5 years of gardening worth to you?

5 years of non success? Doesn’t sound to me like it would be worth very much.
What, exactly do you mean by non success?

[quote=“S.Scoggin”]What kind of plant? [/quote] I’ve got Goldings, Mt. Hood, Tettnanger and Horizon.

[quote=“Rookie L A”]5 years of non success? Doesn’t sound to me like it would be worth very much.
What, exactly do you mean by non success?[/quote]Very bad soil conditions and a ravenous pest problem, including a spidermite infestation that I can’t seem to ever get rid of. I can’t keep up with it and I’ve yet to even get a decent harvest in all that time.
I’ve replanted some at a friends house and they do just fine.
I’m just tired of messing with them and I don’t have the time like I used to. Time for them to go.

[quote=“Legman”][quote=“S.Scoggin”]What kind of plant? [/quote] I’ve got Goldings, Mt. Hood, Tettnanger and Horizon.

[quote=“Rookie L A”]5 years of non success? Doesn’t sound to me like it would be worth very much.
What, exactly do you mean by non success?[/quote]Very bad soil conditions and a ravenous pest problem, including a spidermite infestation that I can’t seem to ever get rid of. I can’t keep up with it and I’ve yet to even get a decent harvest in all that time.
I’ve replanted some at a friends house and they do just fine.
I’m just tired of messing with them and I don’t have the time like I used to. Time for them to go.[/quote]
sorry to here you don,t have time for hops. but stuff happens. ithink you should be able to get four giant size roots out of that one in te picture and get $30 bucks each if they grow.
myself. i thing i would find an abandoned power pole somewhere and plant them there and let them go wild. but then that may be illegal.
so get at least 30 bucks each. each ryzome is, like he said a, couple bucks.
How much would a bare root tree cost???

for brewing items I get a kick out of just giving things I don’t use to deserving brewers. They never forget the gesture and I have got some nice free beer in return. Heck if the brewer you give them to has success he may give ya all the hops you want to pick with no work from you. :smiley:

I hear ya sonny and that is true. I’ve given more stuff away than I can think of…and yeah, every now and then it does come back around.

Trade them for some homebrews maybe?