Whats everyone brewing now, ready for summer

Probably time to start thinking about doing my Oktoberfest for the year. This will be version3, 2015 was a bigger Maerzen type lager, and 2016 was a Festbier, a more modern lighter take.
Even though its not strictly necessary, I like to lager over the summer, which I will be able to do easily now with my kegging setup, without tying up a fermenter.

2 Likes

I’m going to do do the MOCK-tober, as Brew cat has mentioned. later tho… I’ll try 2 very different ale yeast… Why, cause I can!

2 Likes

Just about to transfer a Swig of Sunbeams IPA over to the secondary and dry hop it. Took a little taste yesterday and sweet mother of god is it an amazing summer beer.

1 Like

mash going. Hops ready. For a. Ipa

Sweet scale.

I have to use covered containers when I portion out the hop additions. Cats are snoopy. I also label the containers so I don’t screw up which hop at what time.

1 Like

This brew easy. Use a hotel school intern today for help with brewing. So as easy. Just cetenial hops for this brew. She can not mess up the hops schedule. Mmm i hope

Today i am making my first kolsch. In a couple of weeks, i am planning on my first cider. Then a cream ale. It’s going to be a great summer. Anyone have a suggestion for a great Weat beer kit from NB.

Me just created. At home. For the brewery. This saurday. A american pale ale. Recipy. And for sunday. At home. A. Clone from coastal evacation ipa. Hope it comes out. The coastal ipa. Did get sort of the recipy. Only what kind of grains. And abv. Hops are. Cascade. But long live. Brewing soft ware. Did figur it out

I put together two Honey Blonde Ales. No honey in, but honey malt. Each batch has one Hop, Ft Hood and Mosaic. I have to say the one with Mosaic Hops is tasty.

1 Like

Last brew day for me was April 17, 2017. Today I finally got a chance to get back in it. Water is now heating for a raspberry wheat and a hefenweise will follow.

2 Likes

Bottled a NBs Witbeir last week. Bottled the Midnight Porter this morning. Another in the fermentor. This weekend the Speckled Heifer followed and the Chinook IPA Monday or Tuesday. American Amber ale a couple of weeks later. Will run out of rack space for the fermentors so need a short delay.

That will take care of the first part of Spring. Summer unknown yet. Might have to try out something with the Kviek yeast.

Well next week I’ll brew a saison then a hefe. I’m hoping my berry crop is strong want to brew up a bunch of sours with my fruit. Oh and got to sneak in a wit. I’ll do some wine with the excess fruit

Lets see …I have a Kama citra and a small keg of NEIPA on tap now, have a full keg just carbed of an Irish red in the basement , and a Plinian Legacy double IPA kit due to be delivered tomorrow that we will hopefully brew on Sunday. I think that should hold me for a bit.

Then I need to try something new I think. My sons love the IPA which I do too…but need something different next.

1 Like

Did some reading on an Australian sparkling ale… Eye catching… Enticing… I’ll continue in the Kviek thread… Sneezles61

I got a few Saison’ s going with fruit. Going to try this weekend to get Modelo Especial clone going that I got pretty dang close to the original with small batches that going to do a large batch. Sunday if all works alright raspberry Berliner Weiss planed

2 Likes

Had 2 recent trips, Minnesota(unplanned), and Ontario(planned), so now I am free to let the yeast fly!.. er, ferment.
Planning a pale ale with Citra, and Oktoberfest(Festbier version) then…likely a cream ale for the hottest weather.

Thinking about working with Rye in this Pale ale…five years in to homebrewing and I’ve never used Rye. Going to do some research…I know Denny has a Rye IPA recipe bouncing around here someplace…

Rye and Saison go very well together IMO

Going to do some NEIPA and tweak the Copper hopped beers.