What's currently in your yeast bank?

Thought it would be interesting to see what everyone uses and keeps handy.

Mine:

WLP001 California Ale Yeast
WLP005 British Ale Yeast
WLP008 East Coast Ale Yeast
WLP013 London Ale Yeast
WLP060 American Ale Yeast Blend
WLP568 Belgian Style Saison Ale Yeast Blend

Wyeast 3463 Forbidden Fruit
Wyeast 1450 Denny’s Favorite 50

Safale US-05 Ale Yeast
Safale S-33 Ale Yeast
Safbrew T-58 Ale Yeast
Safbrew WB-06 Ale Yeast
Safale S-04 Ale Yeast
Saflager S-23 Lager Yeast

There are few I haven’t even tried yet. WB-06, S-33, and S-23 (which from most reviews, I don’t think I will ever use). But I do need to give the others a run.

Not really banking but I do save yeast cake in quart jars for a few generations. I’ll use them for up to a month without a starter, and make a starter after that. Right now I have:
WLP300 hefe
WLP013 London ale (dry)
3470 dry lager
WLP940 Mexican lager
WLP036 Dusseldorf Alt
WLP810 Cali common lager

Probably won’t use the lagers again unless its the Cali Common, the season for that is pretty much over and I still have significant stores of lagers. I also have US05 going in a beer, I usually use it a couple of times just so I can keep my yeast cost to $2 per batch. I’m content to let Chris White bank my stuff for me.

I have 3 mason jars of Wyeast 1056 (American Ale)

I know it is not the most exciting yeast to have around but I wanted to try my hand at yeast rinsing and it is what I had going at the time.

I have brewed an American Pale Ale (original pitch) & an American Wheat (with harvested yeast). I plan on brewing up a Citra & Falconers Flight IPA but I have not had the time to throw a recipe together or get to the brew store lately.

I am doing the same thing. I just wash all the yeast now. I find it worth the little bit of extra work.

And all the drys are just that, just packets of dry yeast.

Since they raised prices on my favorite dry yeasts I even save cakes of those too.

Well, not quite a yeast bank, but I’ve just started using a new process where I grow yeast using a starter instead of harvesting from a carboy. So far it’s working great.

I only have Wyeast 1272 since I just started. Currently stored in re-purposed White Labs vials.

I am trying to decrease the number of strains that I use frequently. I envision adding:

WLP001
Wyeast 1028
Wyeast 1469

If you can’t tell, I mainly brew American and English style ales.

US-05
S-04
T-58
BRY-97
Danstar Nottingham
WLP001 White Labs California Ale
WLP002 White Labs English Ale
WLP023 White Labs Burton Ale
WY1000 Wyeast Headwaters Ale
WY1010 Wyeast American Wheat
WY1056 American Ale
WY1450 Wyeast Denny’s Favorite 50
WY1469 Wyeast West Yorkshire Ale
WY3787 Wyeast Trappist High Gravity
Red Star Cote Des Blancs

Yeast hoarders…!!! My fridge is empty… :slight_smile:

I may not be a yeast hoarder, but I’m definitely a hop hoarder. I have a freezer dedicated to hops and have just ordered more thanks to your post in the Galaxy thread. :oops:

Grant how much British do you have? Wanting to do an arrogant bastard clone and need a similar yeast. I’d be more than happy to take a scoop or two off your hands!

Just WLP 007 and 001

Shouldn’t be a problem. Pretty sure I cab give you a mason jar and you can just build it up,

I’m kinda boring since I don’t have the fridge space for slurries at the moment. It’s just US-05, S-04, T-58 and Lalvin 71B (for meads) in my “bank” (aka the fridge door) for me.

Not what it was, I only have 2112 cali-com. in jars. One pack 1968 and one vial 007 as is.

US05, WLP007, WLP810, WLP500, WLP380, T58, BRY97, Belle Saison, W34/70. I haven’t brewed with the BRY97 or the Saison yeast yet. Expect to this weekend. Cheers!

us-05, s-4, wlp001, wlp320, wlp004.