What's Brewing Today?

For me a Chinook IPA…I’ll brew outside on the back deck…gonna’ be another beautiful early fall day here in NW Indiana…low 80’s (won’t last much longer)! My Wyeast Smack Pack is inflated to the bursting point and starving for malt! ah…life is good! :cheers:

Nothing today, but tomorrow, will be brewing my clone of Great Lakes’ Burning River ale.

Bklmt2000

I’m brewing a black ipa, and screwed up buying my hops and am 2 oz short, 1 horizon and 1 cascade. but luckily I had some simcoe on reserve. I’m not worried :mrgreen:

Mine’s all done and in the fermenter happily becoming beer! I had an extra one pound package of Light DME, so I added it to boost the ABV just a bit…should be a delicious brew!

Smashing pumpkin ale in the MT as I type this.

Sounds like all have great stuff brewing or planned! It all sounds good! The Great Lakes’ Burning River ale will no doubt be a fun beer to brew and drink as will the Smashing Pumpkin! I’ve never tried the Black IPA, but I’m sure I’d enjoy it! Happy Brewing to all! :cheers:

Today 6 gallons of Babalu’s Darkness IPA.

Tomorrow 12 gallons of Amarillo Wildflower IPA.

Nothing today @ work right now,but on monday I’m brewing my Surly D.V.D.A clone.

Kegged a 1/4 bbl. of dry stout and brewed a 1.085 extra stout. Just racked it onto the yeast cake. :cheers:

Just wrapped up my first 10 gal batch! I did jsbeerme’s apa recipe from the forum because it looked good, although i cut the carapils by a lb and replaced it with 2 row. Everything went super smooth, nailed my temps, nailed my volumes. Everything is clean and put away, yeast is pitched and im kicking back with a rye ipa. Im kinda mad i didnt move to 10 gal sooner. :cheers:

First homebrew ever - Chocolate Milk Stout.

Went well and my son had a blast helping. I nailed the OG when I put it in the fermenter, cautiously optimistic.

[quote=“teal”]First homebrew ever - Chocolate Milk Stout.

Went well and my son had a blast helping. I nailed the OG when I put it in the fermenter, cautiously optimistic.[/quote]

Congrats on your first homebrew! Isn’t it exciting?!?!?! :cheers:

Today did an Obreon clone…so far looks great. I was only off by .002 on my final gravity but I was over by 2 qts on post boil volume…probobly the cuplprit! The one on right is the real deal…thr left of course mine. Can’t wait to sample after fermentation. :cheers:

[attachment=0]oberon clone 4.jpg[/attachment]

[quote=“jkerulusmc”]Today did an Obreon clone…so far looks great. I was only off by .002 on my final gravity but I was over by 2 qts on post boil volume…probobly the cuplprit! The one on right is the real deal…thr left of course mine. Can’t wait to sample after fermentation. :cheers:

[attachment=0]oberon clone 4.jpg[/attachment][/quote]

Yours looks spot on! I love Oberon…its one of my favorite commercial beers…I only live a couple of hours from the Bell’s brewery…and I’m planning an overnight pilgramige to it…to drink at the source! I have access to Bells products at a local beer store…but still plan to make a clone soon…let me know how it turns out!

Nothing brewing, but I bottled 5 gal of Berliner
:cheers:

[quote=“Jimmie322”][quote=“teal”]First homebrew ever - Chocolate Milk Stout.

Went well and my son had a blast helping. I nailed the OG when I put it in the fermenter, cautiously optimistic.[/quote]

Congrats on your first homebrew! Isn’t it exciting?!?!?! :cheers: [/quote]

Yeah - can’t wait. Little nervous - worried about the yeast.

Ahhh first homebrew is really special :slight_smile:

[quote=“teal”]

Yeah - can’t wait. Little nervous - worried about the yeast.[/quote]

You’re allowed to be concerned, but never worry.

Checked on it this am. Got some good air lock action going on and the krausen is pert good. Good enough that I might have to do a blow off tube.

My yeast story -

I bought the beer kit and recipe kit back in May (?) and hadn’t used it till now. When I smacked the Wyeast pack - I had a hard time finding the little internal pack so I was concerned. Stopped at my LHBS and got a whitelabs irish ale yeast tube instead.

I apparently shook the vial too much ahead of time - when I opened it it was like a well shook can of soda. Not all of it got into the carboy.

Just made me concerned

I’m brewing the Doppelbock that my friend J Wilson drank during his famous 46 day fast for lent

. He’s written a book about it and I’m going to serve it at the signing in December.