What's brewin this week

Anyone brewing this weekend

“Traditional” saison with 3711 which is kinda old…gonna underpitch and use a mixstir for a long time…see what i get before adding in some exotic hops.

1 Like

Bottling Dead Ringer tomorrow. Brewing Midnight Beatdown Wheaten Porter Sunday. Move up the porter to tomorrow if it is going to be an all day rain event again. Another same porter Tuesday or Wednesday.

1 Like

Gonna do a double batch of my Knot Today (Cut Off the Topper). Going to do a concurrent boil of two 5 gallon batches with different bittering hop amounts. The last time around I really liked how this ended up but the bitter hung on a wee bit too long and detracted from the lucious hoppiness. Looking for a little fine tuning.

1 Like

Doing today a hefeweizen at the brewery and when i do have time a witbier. At my house tuesday evening. Got a starter going right now at my house

2 Likes

Going to do a mosaic ipa on sunday.

3 Likes

I’m awaiting my ESB to finish fermenting… Burton yeast was very strong while the 05 just kinda chugged along… 05 is done and waiting, Burton still burping even 10-15 seconds! I brewed last Saturday. 1.060… Sneezles61

1 Like

Not playing this weekend but cheering everyone on

1 Like

Brewed a copy of the Irish Red ale AG kit Thursday. Did the extract version last winter and it was a crowd pleaser. My wife liked it very much so I’m trying out my own AG version. I quadrupled the grain from the 5 gallon kit to fit my 20 gallon batch size and added enough 2 row to up the gravity to 1.056. Nottingham dry yeast. It’s been at 58° since then and slowly starting to rumble.

1 Like

Not brewing but bottling. Bottles are n PBW as I type. Waiting on my Conundrum IPA kit in the next couple of days.

1 Like

Will you leave it at that temp until done? I would like to hear how long it will need to ferment. Or are you going to ramp up a bit… Curious… Sneezles61

I’m glad everyone is busy. I’m sitting on my screen porch at camp enjoying a brew like @WMNoob says to do.

1 Like

I’m on the front porch with my Chinook IPA. Dead Ringer bottled and two loaves of bread baked.

2 Likes

Just kegged my all grain dead ringer this morning. I thought it would smell " hoppier" than it did, but hopefully it’s ok.

I Just ordered an all grain Kama citra ipa session beer, but not sure if I will get it before next weekend. Just can’t see spending 17 bucks on the quicker shipping… Have plenty to drink in the meantime. But of course now I will need to buy another keg, and also make some decision on my regulator… Add a “Y” or another body…I hate adding connections to things like this as I always feel I am increasing my chances for leaks. Prob because I am new to this stuff and have not built up enough confidence in the equipment. Having a second regulator would be ok I guess to be ready for anything.
Would be nice to brew next weekend as I am making it a 4 day off stretch.

1 Like

I love the screened in porches but I changed it up a bit today. Wife and I sat under the pear tree where my grandpa and I used to sit with jack knives and watermelons. Pretty sure he would’ve approved of my homebrew and her Margo. Now that I think about it he would’ve probably wanted a little snooker of peach schnapps. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Oktoberfest v3; red October, using Ken Lenard’s “trick”
Of using special B and c-120 to get a reddish color. Repitched 2308 from slurry with a starter as it was getting a bit dated.

1 Like

What ever happened to Ken not seen him in long time and his site not been updated in long time

I think he may be active occasionally on another forum. Not sure. He was a force here when I started. As you said, his website is still up( and great).

Link please?

http://www.freewebs.com/kenlenard/

1 Like