Back to Shopping at NorthernBrewer.com

Whatcha Brewing today?

I am just about to start my sparge on a cream ale. What’s everybody else got brewing on Super Bowl weekend?

Knock out a biere de garde last night. and will be doing a new amber recipe I have been playing with hopefully today after I finish some work on my f.r.o.g.

If not today, tomorrow morning.

Starting the morning off with an orange ipa then moving on to my house esb. I also have to keg my honey rye lager and transfer my seisson to secondary. it’s going to be a long day I think:)

Scottish Ale with Cherry Wood smoked malt - - - PLUS, my dad and I are going to be brewing together for the first time in two years!

Kegged Bitter chocolate Oatmeal Stout and Rye IPA yesterday also did 10 gallons of Evil Twin. Today is all relaxing.

I brewed a Kolsch yesterday. It is fermenting nicely right now. I have no more recipes so will have to figure out what the next beer will be.

I’m brewing an American Dunkel:

5 lbs Munich Malt (9.0 SRM) Grain 1 46.7 %
3 lbs 8.0 oz Pale Malt (2 Row) US (2.0 SRM) Grain 2 32.7 %
12.0 oz Caramel/Crystal Malt - 60L (60.0 SRM) Grain 3 7.0 %
8.0 oz Caramel/Crystal Malt - 80L (80.0 SRM) Grain 4 4.7 %
8.0 oz Chocolate, Pale (200.0 SRM) Grain 5 4.7 %
4.0 oz Caramunich III (60.0 SRM) Grain 6 2.3 %
3.2 oz Acid Malt (3.0 SRM) Grain 7 1.9 %
1.00 oz Perle [7.50 %] - Boil 60.0 min Hop 8 23.3 IBUs
1.00 oz Hallertauer [4.80 %] - Boil 5.0 min Hop 9 3.0 IBUs
1.0 pkg Munich Lager (Wyeast Labs #2308) [124.21 ml] Yeast 10 -

Dry Irish Stout…says it’ll be ready around 3/24/12…I have a feeling that a few will be cracked a week prior to that!

Tuna

Amazing weather this brew day. 70F here in charleston. Just watching phish on the flat screen in the outdoor brewery. Loving the day.

Getting to try out a few new things today on the amber. First time using 1450 and first time to do first wort hop.

I just finished 21 gallons of Rye IPA and then it was so nice out that I washed my truck in the driveway.

Well, Monday is my day off so I’ll be kegging a Dead Ringer, bottling 2gal of Honey Brown(the other 3 gal. went on to Cherry kriek cake) and Brewing an Irish Stout. Running a little late for St. Paddy’s day but I’ll make it work.
Then it’ll be a trip to Northern to re-supply. I have some empty carboys to fill.

Brewed a Patersbier today.

I should make the ten mile trek to make sure thats safe to drink.
All I did was swirl a carboy a few times.

Arrogant bastard clone…I sure hope it turns out.

Brewed last weekend, so the primaries are full (Dormunder in one, American dark lager in the other). Got that session in just before the cold wave hit. An unusually warm winter suddenly turned typical overnight, we’ve had temperatures hovering around 0F for the past week.

Taking the weekend off - I think this is the first weekend with no brewing since mid december. I have series of beers that will need to be bottled/kegged in the upcoming 2 weeks . . . and then it will be time to start filling up the fermenters again. Plan to devote some time to “taste testing” this afternoon:)

Transferring my black lager to secondary. Brewed last Sunday. I’ll move it incrementally closer to my open basement window before placing it in my keggerator to lager for a few weeks.

Cascadian Dark Ale or Black IPA, whatever you want to call it. Mashed in at 7:45am EST. Rolling boil as I type. Smells sooooo good!!

My world clock tells me it’s 5:22pm in St. Petersburg Russia. Happy hour! Time for a beer.
:cheers:

yesterday was Nukey brown ale, Today Ill be bottling a batch of extra pale ale.

My first ever batch was Super Bowl Sunday last year. So today is the one year anniversary. Yesterday I brewed my 4th all grain batch, a Sierra Nevada clone of sorts. Also the last brew session in my current house. Moving in early March and will have to invent a whole new set up. And just when I was getting my system down pat!

Cheers :cheers:

Back to Shopping at NorthernBrewer.com