What to do with 2 beakers?

A friend got a little excited when I told him I was looking for two erlenmeyer flasks and decided to give me the glassware for Christmas. Thing is he doesn’t know his glassware very well, so now I have two pyrex beakers, 1000ml and 2000ml respectively. Any suggestions on what to use them for?

Drink beer out of them. :wink:

:cheers:

use them to measure small amounts of extract/flavor additions (whiskey, flavor extracts), or acid to adjust your mash ph in the future.

or like stormybrew said, you can always drink out of them.

You’ll find uses for them eventually, they’ll make good sample jars

Make your starters in them right on the stove. Less chance for boilover than a flask.

No real reason not to use on a stir plate either would there?

Foil will fit over the whole top too.

[quote=“Kgetch”]Make your starters in them right on the stove. Less chance for boilover than a flask.

Foil will fit over the whole top too.[/quote]

+1

[quote=“Kgetch”]Make your starters in them right on the stove. Less chance for boilover than a flask.

Foil will fit over the whole top too.[/quote]

+1 to this. Plus they will cool quicker in an ice bath because more heat can escape from the top. That’s the main reason i still make my starters in a pot and transfer to my erlenmeyer flask cause it cools faster and i can stir the wort.

Link to what I am using for starters. 1.1 gallons. Nice lid for when cold crashing in frig.

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/photo/new-y ... 61619.html

Find a hobby welder and a couple cool looking handles, see if he cant attach the two somehow?