What the heck? Rhizome gone

I finally gave up on the glacier rhizome I planted, the goldings is doing okay, and went to dig it up to see what’s what. It was not there.
It’s been real wet this spring. Did the S O B melt or somethin’? :?

I had one disappear on me a few years ago too. Just not meant to be I guess…

Maybe a squirrel dug it up, or you dug in the wrong place?

No signs of any animal messing around and I was definately in the right spot.

I had a Gallena Rhizome disapear on me last year on the day of the rapture. I later found it in the corner of the yard. Something had dug it up and chewed the hell out of it. It was all dried up and rotted out. Damn basterd Racoons. Now I have one of my sons plastic dinosaurs in between the mounds.

Nice! You must have read the same research article done by the Canadians that I did. I mix it up a little bit and have had great success: https://twitter.com/HomeBrewXchange/sta … to/1/large To the op, if the soil in the area you planted your rhizome didn’t show any signs of disturbance, I’d say that it probably rotted and ended up adding to the soil organic matter content of that area. I’ve had the same experience. Hoppy Trails!

last year one of my two golding rhizomes went missing. i think it was a coyote or rodent or something.

good thing though. my one healthy golding plant is a slow grower.

[quote=“S.Scoggin”]last year one of my two golding rhizomes went missing. i think it was a coyote or rodent or something.

good thing though. my one healthy golding plant is a slow grower.[/quote]

I planted a goldings the same time I planted the glacier and it’s growing kind of slow too, but at least it is growing.

[quote=“Rookie L A”]
I planted a goldings the same time I planted the glacier and it’s growing kind of slow too, but at least it is growing.[/quote]

I didn’t get a yield from my goldings the first year. this year they are doing much better, and i’m hoping for the best. but they are notoriously slow growers

[quote=“S.Scoggin”][quote=“Rookie L A”]
I planted a goldings the same time I planted the glacier and it’s growing kind of slow too, but at least it is growing.[/quote]

I didn’t get a yield from my goldings the first year. this year they are doing much better, and i’m hoping for the best. but they are notoriously slow growers[/quote]

Several years ago I planted a golding rhizome and a sterling that gave me hops the first year, unfortunately the last few really wet springs did them both in. The goldings I planted this year is seven feet or so and with another couple of months in the season I’m hoping for another seven or eight feet and maybe a few hops.