What’s Brewin’?

Don’t be too concerned he chants a spell and a bunch of woodland creatures come out and lift it up and down for him.

3 Likes

Well Happy Birthday… a wee bit late… Were you able to find a small assortment of snowflakes to add to the mash-tun? :joy:
I really like brew days…
Sneezles61

1 Like

Heard my name thrown around here!
Just brewed up a blonde ale recipe that I use to test hops today! Triumph and Simcoe. Now that things have been a little slower for me I’m hoping to contribute to some of the nonsense around here…

7 Likes

Hey, Welcome back! The best kind of nonsense! Hope things are good on the banks of the Olentangy,

1 Like

Glad your back loopie

1 Like

I’m brewing Ginger Snap Saison from our host today.

Using one of my favorite Saison yeasts WLP546 Marañón Canyon Wild Cacao

3 Likes

Love the way you make ot work in your tiny house

3 Likes

Transferring a Bock to keg today, and planning my next brew. Already getting warm here so I’m looking to brew my first hefeweizen in a couple years.
Always used Wyeast 3068 but I am using primarily dry yeast now; even in the dead of winter when I ordered a liquid yeast it came in bloated like a fish I hauled up from the bottom of the Atlantic…Although the yeast performed fine.

Did a bit of research on dry Hefeweizen yeast and Lallemand Munich Classic wheat beer dry yeast seems to be favored(apparently it is the dry equivalent to the 3068 Weihenstephaner yeast).

3 Likes

Are you believing yer brews are better when pushed with CO2?
I believe mine have improved… at least they last so much longer and do not develop the off flavor from O2 poisoning!! :joy:
Sneezles61

2 Likes

I definitely believe they stay fresh longer. The main reason I started researching this were NEIPAs. Very limited shelflife even for the pros.

I was supposed to brew my Hefe today, but it was cold and rainy and I was lazy. . .Checked out the LHBS about 20 mins south on the recommendation of a neighbor yesterday, so I have all the ingredients I need. I have always used WLP300 the past three times I’ve brewed it. Wife is leaving for her sister’s baby shower Friday with my oldest daughter, I think I’ll take the day off Friday and brew it. :thinking:

:beers:
Rad

6 Likes

Absolutely!

1 Like

Nothing brewing today but emptied some kegs into bottles over the weekend. Moved some new stuff to dedicated taps. Today going to town for final covid shot and will stop at the homebrew shop and get some yeast and odds and ends. Im hoping to do another pilsner next if i get the lager chamber up if not an IPA. Maybe a cream ale.

Kegging my pilsner today and deciding if I’m going to save any of the problematic urquell yeast slurry…

I haven’t brewed for a while… Empty kegs riddle my tap room… Barley, still in a sack, the other 12 gallon bucket… full… Oh dear… :disappointed:
Sneezles61

1 Like

I bought some 2001 only for the USPS to take 12 days to get it from Oklahoma… I’m going to build it but at some point is it worth spending more $ on extract vs. buying new… thanks again USPS…

1 Like

Time for me to get the pipeline fired up. Tomorrow! Still haven’t decided…

1 Like

Mo Promises, Mosaic Promise clone. Just started the boil.

3 Likes

Hefeweizen XII at mash rest. Late start with daylight savings time change. Eclectic music mix This morning with blind faith, Donovan, and now Richard Thompson.

2 Likes