What’s Brewin’?

I just kicked my Plinian Legacy this week, was a very sad day. :cry: Today will be Fruit Bazooka brewday here after lunch.

:beers:
Rad

1 Like

Brewing the Oktoberfest today delayed by tropical storm/hurricane Isaias finally…

1 Like

Going to brew that summer Lager tomorrow. I really messed up. All’s I have on tap are strong beers. Poor planning on my part. Way to hot for what I have. Maybe I should just brew it as an ale and rush it through

3 Likes

Not a fan of session beers per se, but it’s nice to have a few pilsners and pale ales around in the 4-5% range on tap during the hot months, which is January to December down here​:beer::joy::beer:

It was REALLY hot in the garage brewing yesterday so I had a Big Shark lemon Radler, hit the spot. I would never brew 5 gallons of it but nice and crisp and light for a hot brew day. The last two hazies I brewed will be on tap here in about two weeks, one is around 8, the other is in the 6 range.

:beers:
Rad

I’m going to get an early start tomorrow, maybe get set up tonight

Last night while binge watching Ozark on Netflix, I cracked open a Fitness Freak from Hoof Hearted Brewing…14% Imperial Stout with coffee vanilla and maple syrup…a pint. Tactical error on Sunday night.

3 Likes

When it’s hot I don’t eat so the strong beers go to my head. Need something that I can have a couple, you know for nourishment

3 Likes

Well I was well nourished, especially this morning.

1 Like

The longer I brew, the more I appreciate an early start to the brew day. I’ll get the water treated and ready to go the night before nowadays.

1 Like

Yeah I’ll set up my table get my stuff out. Collect my water, probably crush the grain. I’ll get up with my wife which I do anyway see her off and get started mashing in about 7. Im set up to mash indoors but o boil at the garage door. Sun doesn’t hit the garage till 10:30-11:00 so should be good

2 Likes

My best Pils malt should be here in a few days… I still gotta get carahells and hops coming…
BUT… My freez-mentor was at 20*F this AM!!! It’s got the peached wheat in there… So once it thaws… I’ll be about ready…

Sneezles61

1 Like

“Peached wheat gelato”

Could be a thing

1 Like

It’s at 30 now…
Sneezles61

It should clarify nicely

1 Like

Well… It’s kegged now… When I cleaned out the fermenter there was a softball sized hunk of ice in there… Yeah… I’ll let it sit quietly in the keezer… gassing up.
I won’t even try guess about the ABV now… Doesn’t matter any way…
Sneezles61

Brewday on friday, but i need some input. First time trying Kveik yeast Mangrove Jack’s M12 and i’m thinking some sort of ipa’ish beer. I’m going to use my home grown hops about 5-6 alpha acid. The thing is my hops mostly taste like red apples and i’m not used to brew ipa’s, so i’m kind of lost here. Biab and about 18-19 liters to the bucket. I’ve got pilsner, MO, munich, Brown, wheat, crystal and so on. Any suggestions on what to brew? I’m thinking dryhopping with Saaz maybe?
Any suggestions are more than welcome!

Red apples hmm. I might try to brew a beer with less hops just to get a feel for them.

Or even lass malt-yness to get a good taste for the hops…
Gee whiz… Dry hop some apple cider?
Sneezles61

How do you now they taste like red apples? Just from tasting the cones? That may not translate in the beer. I’d boil some in water and taste and smell at timed intervals to get an idea how they’ll work in beer.