What’s Brewin’?

@squeegeethree, Great idea, adding the BeerSmith screen grab!!!

I’ve got my first brew with Philly Sour yeast. I probably shouldn’t call it a Berliner Weiss though, not to spec in any regard, but it’s’ my beer; people who don’t like it don’t get to have any​:joy::joy:

4 Likes

I’m down to 1.019 after 7 days with the Philly Sour.
I’m very excited to see how it ends

1 Like

I threw some amerillo hops in my NEIPA that I brewed Thursday. Had to push it through a thick head of krausen. The London Ale III really stays up. Once the fermenterater frees up I’ll do a summer Lager need to get some lemons

1 Like

Same experience here. I think I even had to crash it longer as well to get clearer.
Been using it throughout the pandemic as my main strain of liquid yeast.

The Brut IPA I’m making went from 1.065 to 1.003 in 36hours with Oslo yeast.

My that’s fast!!
Sneezles61

pretty crazy

:dizzy_face:
Wow

1 Like

How do you guys like the tilt hydrometer?

I love my Tilts, but understand it is not a super precise instrument. As long as your not offended by potential inaccuracies in your readings it’s great to be able to take readings at will.

Seriously though getting a raspberry pi, and their Tilt pi software makes it so much more interesting. It will push readings to a google sheet, and give you a chart of fermentation.

1 Like

It makes everything much easier. Mine are accurate until they are smothered in floating fruit, free range hops, or anything else that limits its buoyancy. I’m a big fan

1 Like

I have no idea about all those files and such… What I really enjoy is not having to mess what’s fermenting… It’s just a few taps and see where it’s at…
Sneezles61

2 Likes

Just mashed in on Hazy Eights from our host.

:beers:
Rad

2 Likes

Me brewing tomorow. A saison. My stout got to transfer to secondary add choc peanutt butter. Vanilla

1 Like

What kind of peanut butter do you add? Powder?

About 1.2 of the jar i do add

2 Likes

10 gallon batch of Ho Hum IPA yesterday. 5 gallons US-05 and 5 gallons Nottingham. Single hopped with Falconers Flight. Pretty much the same beer i did with the mystery hops i got From a friend. Should be a fun exbeeriment from a hop and yeast standpoint.

3 Likes

Everyone can guess what I’m doing! Transferred two beers to kegs. Plinian Legacy and Caribou slobber…

5 Likes

The plaque has a meaning? :joy:
Oh geez… I get it… :mask:
Sneezles61

1 Like