What’s Brewin’?

Us. Dialed up an ale recipe using some of our hop inventory that’s been around awhile. 42 IBU and about 4%. Mosaic/Azacca late additions.

1 Like

Me! Duval clone… But I’ll hop it up with X-tra Saaz… I’m only doing 5 of that though… How about you Brew Cat?
Sneezles61

1 Like

I’m going to do a Maibock. I don’t have any German hops though

I am. 10 gals Beltane IPA, 15 lbs 2 row, 2 lbs vienna, 1.5 lbs wheat, .5 lb c40, .5 lb acidulated malt(thanks @brewcat) all citra or maybe I should try those BRU 1 hops. They sound fruity and interesting. Anyone used them?

I’ve had pilsner on my mind all day so when I went to crush the grain I spazzed out and crushed the bill for 10 gals of pils. So as soon as the swamp coolers are open I’ll brew the pils which was the plan anyway.

1 Like

About 6.5-7 hours before we kicked back and drank a couple beers. That’s the funny thing about Gose. You think it’s a half brew day but really it’s a brew day and a half! Sunday I’ll take a pH reading and go from there.
Wondering why it takes so long? First, finally getting it to boil then chilling it back down to pitch the lacto while whirlpooling takes forever.
Then… and as I’ve said… if you don’t like cleaning don’t brew commercially. Tons of cleaning. :joy:

4 Likes

I’m going to make a single hop Pilsner using just enough Polaris to get the job done.

New to the scene, the Hop Research Institute in Hüll, Germany released Polaris in 2012. Commanding incredibly high alpha acids, Polaris features elements of spice, pine and intense mint alongside a strong but pleasant, fruity and floral aroma.

2 Likes

Doing a 3 gallon batch of Baltic Porter.

2 Likes

2 Likes

1 Like

Brewers friend brewhouse efficiency calculator puts me at 82.70% efficiency. It pays to do this in the morning drinking coffee instead of at night drinking beer :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Saison Buffoon for the wife yesterday. Dumped a half pint of slurry from the last one in yesterday about 2:30. She’s rollin’ this AM. :notes:

2 Likes

I’m about to make a Saison as well using the WLP603 Torulaspora delbrueckii yeast that I just got.

Sounds very interesting! It says it should be used in a mixed fermentation. Do you plan to add something else?

I’m going to do the primary with just the WLP603 torulaspora delbrueckii so I can use this batch to make a large harvestable amount. I am then going to rack onto a yeast cake of TYB261 Brettanomyces bruxellensis that I will be bottling a grisette from.

1 Like

Interesting research on co-fermentation with Torulaspora delbrueckii

1 Like

Elegant Bastard mashed in, it was snowing this morning, it is May isn’t it? :joy:

:beers:
Rad

4 Likes

Another freeze warning tonight here!

Opening of fishing here… It usually snows… And that hasn’t let us down…
Sneezles61

I just stepped outside and it was flurrying here! WT…suns out now just one of Rad’s snow clouds moving south over us I guess.

Hopefully it carried the lovely mash aroma with it if it’s from me! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

:beers:
Rad

2 Likes