What’s Brewin’?

Well done! Congrats!

1 Like

Yeah, congratulations!!
Sneezles61

1 Like

Congrats man! Recipe looks good!

1 Like

Where can I read more about these temps?

Thank you all! It’s funny because we’re all told to drink these NEIPA’s fresh and fast yet the winning beer was brewed Sept 7th and kegged the 28th. I entered 3 beers and 2 were in top 8 so I’m about as stoked as one could be right now. Can’t wait to brew with them on their system.

1 Like

Keep in mind they may change the recipe a bit to work on their system. A friend of mine won some awards with his saison. The commercial brewer that he got to brew with did some analysis and changed it some. It was also chosen to go to the pro/am great American brew fest in Denver. He didn’t place in that event but at that point he didn’t think it the same beer anymore. Of course I think a saison is harder to replicate I would think. Congratulations keep us updated

Yes, we did discuss the possibility of change so I’ll see what happens with that. I still think my beer will shine amongst the stuff that they typically offer.

1 Like

Online. :smirk: it’s really more about experience and how you use the yeast rather than reading about it.

1 Like

Started my lager series today. I brewed my
’ I’ll Be Bock ’ my seasonal Maibock. Chilled down quickly with snow and IC. Used a couple packs of Bavarian lager yeast started fermenting immediately. In my garage at 42° I’ll move it in the basement which is 50° in a couple days

2 Likes

I’m very envious Brew Cat… I was suppose to have a month off… This would’ve been my time to get rolling too…
Damn phone rang and screwed up my big adventure… At least I can hobble along on the W/E…
Sneezles61

Did the Saison Buffoon from Mosher’s book and have my session IPA with about 20 to go in the boil. A few interesting occurrences today including spraying myself down with the hose and my scale going on the fritz. Had to go buy a new scale so the IPA mashed for an extra 30-40 minutes. :neutral_face:

Muddy Road Brown today. Grain is on deck for the Hef later this week. EDIT-Used a couple of scoops of Notty slurry from an Irish Red I kegged last week. Already rolling.

1 Like

Congrats. Way cool

Today at 11. Start mash. Doing a peanut butter chocolate. Porter today. Yesterday. Did add my cherries to secondary. This got to be done. 10 of june and ready to drink.

1 Like

Just placed order for my President’s Day brew.

Style: American IPA
Batch size: 5.5 gal
Boil volume: 7.5 gal
OG: 1.074
FG: 1.018
Bitterness (IBU): 22.0
Color (SRM): 7.9
ABV: 7.2%

Grain/Sugars:

7.00 lb Maris Otter Malt, 48.3%
4.00 lb Flaked Oats, 27.6%
3.00 lb Two-row (US), 20.7%
0.50 lb Crystal 40L, 3.4%

Hops:

1.00 oz Magnum (AA 12.0%, Pellet) 20 min, 22.0 IBU
2.00 oz Amarillo (AA 8.0%, Pellet) 0 min, 0.0 IBU
2.00 oz Citra (AA 12.0%, Pellet) 0 min, 0.0 IBU
3.50 oz Amarillo (AA 8.0%, Pellet) dry hop @ high krausen and kegging
3.50 oz Citra (AA 12.0%, Pellet) dry hop @ high krausen and kegging

Batch Notes:

4th generation WLP066 London Fog Ale yeast

1 Like

That’s a lot of flaked oats. Looks like your making something juicy. I making the bitter side of your recipe tonight .
6.5 Gallons
4lb Belgian Pilsner
4lb Floor Malted Maris
8oz Carapils
8oz Golden Naked Oats
Later addition 3.25 lb Muntons Maris Otter LME
8 oz Lactose
1oz Southern Star FWH
1oz Southern Star 20 min
1oz Southern Star 5 min
1oz Cashmere 5 min

I usually do around 20% FO but I’m gonna up it some on this batch. I just got a pound of Cashmere so I’m anxious to try them myself.

1 Like

Me brew day. A coastal evac ipa. Clone. As well transfer. My stout.porter. to secondary. Add the peanutbutter powder chocolate. Wait 2 weeks and sample. Me looking forward.

1 Like

Oh oh Wilco, now your texting to yourself… :flushed:
Sneezles61

1 Like

I don’t see that as a problem unless it turns into to a argument then we should intervene

9 Likes