What’s Brewin’?

Doing a pale ale using the yeast bay’s funktown pale ale yeast.

4 Likes

Me had plan to brew today. But. Got to go to work. Fix a compressor. And bring my fam to the airport. Wedness day me of will brew a belguim ale

Same here. Had an IPA ready to go; but got called into the office. :frowning:

Just mashed a Hef. Have a Saison and our daily drinker IPA on deck. Gonna be a long day!

2 Likes

Did you do a ferulic acid rest with that hefe? I did one yesterday and tried to raise the temperature to 152ish but didn’t quite make it. I’m worried about the FG being to low. What does yours end at ?

Calcs to 1.050. I’m not doing the stepped mash, lazy.

I’m talking about your FG. My OG was also .050

Oh, guess I wasn’t quite awake yet. It’s supposed to finish at 1.012 using WLP300. Using 1 oz. of German Spalt at 60. Supposed to be Tettnang but brew store guy was out so he suggested this.My second Hef so we’ll see.

Anyone ever throw a late addition hop at a Hef? Suggestions?

I’ve only brewed one. Did hallertau at 60 and 10. I’m not a big fan of the style but it was good. My buddy I brewed it for liked it.

I ended up just using the 1 oz. We’ll see. Saison is well into the boil and getting ready to mash the IPA.

So little hops I don’t think it matters. My mash ended at 145. I was hoping for .012 or so myself. Looking back I wish I didn’t aerate the wort. Hopping for a stuck fermenation. My plan now is to crash it @.012 and just keep it cold in the keg. Was going to add blood orange but I’ll save that incase it’s to dry and I dump it

And we’re done. 3 different beers, 5 gallons each in jugs and cleaned up about 30 minutes ago. Whew! Time for a beer!

5 Likes

That’s a day. Hope you had help

Usually I do but the son had to work. He’s amazing when he can make it here to help but he’s in the service industry so has to cater to the tourists. This was one of those days when it was on me.

I cannot stop think of how good the Transmitter S8 rice Saison I had last night was. It was not thin at all and has an incredible mouthfeel. Possibly because it was on tap. The list of ingredients is small, Pilsen Malt and Rice flakes with some “new” german hops, 33 IBUs, and a single strain Saison. Not really sure what to do with this info.

Yea that’s a long day brother!

Sometimes, brewing alone is great time to think about the process… Little voices in yer head analyzing stuff… Keeping you attached to your game! Sneezles61

Me just done btewibg a pilsner. All cleanes up. Now time for a btew

2 Likes

Before