What’s Brewin’?

Way nice music. Me been playing the last few days. Foghat. Normally. Only trash and heavy metal. Just got the new album from. Queensryche in the mail.

2 Likes

Me just started the mash water. Waiting to heat up. So can start the mash. Music list. Y&t. Behemoth. Sepultura.

2 Likes

New behemoth is soooooo good.

1 Like

I just got my Off the Topper kit. Wow a lot of hops and the hops shots too

My 1 lb bag of Citra arrived last Friday for my next Pseudo Sue Clone attempt. Now just waiting on the CBD kit from our hosts that I was very curious to try out, along with the grains for my Pseudo Sue clone.

:beers:
Rad

1 Like

Pseudo Sue just started showing up here at Total Wine and ABC Liquor here in Florida(a long way from Decorah Iowa). That’s a darn good pale ale ! Good luck with your version!

Just mashed in 12 gals of ESB. I may have posted this a couple months ago when I did 6 gals but here’s the recipe. Turned out great so I figured I’d ramp it up. Did a 1 L revitalizing starter with the wlp002 from the last batch. It’s a nice easy drinking 1.050ish bitter.

16 lbs MO
2 lbs C40
1oz EKG FWH
2oz EKG 60 & 10

2 Likes

5 gallons of Saison in the fermenter and about 10 minutes left in the boil on a NEIPA.

4 Likes

Awww, out of doors brewing! Sneezles61

Can’t wait to fire up the outside kitchen and brew out side. With my kitchen remodel I’m doing and my garage set up with tools and materials it’s been hard to squeeze in a brew. Everything is measured out and ready to go though.

“Kits” lined up in no particular order

Is that a brewing hat I see?

Yes I wear many hats. That is my designated Brewers hat. I suggest a dedicated brewing hat when brewing

2 Likes

I like how you have your grist pre-determined like that… Mine I ponder a grain bill… Then weigh it out and go… Hops… Well, sometimes I have them set before… Sneezles61

Just out of curiosity, how long do you let 'em hang around like that? Are they ground?

Me saturday. A black ipa. Or a heffeweizen. Try to make a decision. Got to pick up oranges. And corinader. If i do a heffeweisen. My brother in law here wants to help brewing. So a black ipa more work and intresting. Guess he likes more the drinking part.

Finally will brew the Irish red ale! Which means… gotta get my yeast up to the task! Oh Boy! Sneezles61

They are not crushed yet so they are fine. I try to brew three a month. Sometimes I’ll push one back when I think of something else I want to brew so that may be longer. Their airtight in there no worries. Just keeps me focused. The hops get weiged out during the mash.

Today a black ipa. Firts transfer. Summer ipa and dry hop with galaxy hops. Love this kind of hops. Did add the vanilla vodka. Tincture to the stout. Now in 2 weeks add the coco nibs. Damn early 5.30 awake. Cleaning prep the brew

1 Like

About to knockout on a Belgian wit. @dannyboy58 BELGIAN wits are from BELGIUM! :joy:

5 Likes

I have 2 different yeasts ready for brewing tomorrow… Irish ale and ESB ale… So in a few weeks I can do a side by side taste test…
Now, I haven’t used Irish moss for many years, but have some on hand… See if I was missing something? Sneezles61

1 Like