What’s Brewin’?

And a review on your pump? I’m thinking my pump is making some loud noises… Time for a change? Sneezles61

Resilience up this Saturday

1 Like

This weekend am doing a Valentine beer. Chocolate Raspberry Milk Stout.
Don’t know why but been on a stout kick here lately.

1 Like

Nothing this weekend, but drinking a NB chocolate milk stout, a NB swig of sunbeams and finally a mango milkshake NEIPA which was somewhat of an exbeeriment but turned out FANTASTIC!! I have another exbeeriment with BRU-1 hops that I’m waiting for a keg to free up to drink. Does anyone have experience with this hop?

Also have a Dunkel lagering which will be ready in about 3-4 weeks. I think my next brew will be a Eisbock… hopefully will find a weekend in early Feb.

Cheers!:beers:

2 Likes

Gotta do that one myself.

What kind of pump is it? My chugger and love it. It gets loud occasionally. I just replace the little teflon washer and it’s all good again.

Care to post the milkshake recipe @bigpete225? I’m also curious about the BRU-1 hops as I have 4 oz in the freezer.

I’ll be kegging my NEIPA any day now and super anxious to see how it turned out.

Its from our host… SS head… I do oil it before I brew… Sneezles61

Just pitched the yeast in a 5 gallon Caribou Slobber Extract Kit. By the taste of the wort and the smell of the Lallemond Windsor yeast, I think this one should turn out pretty well!

2 Likes

15# 2-row
1.5# White wheat
0.5# Acidulated malt
0.5# Carapils
1.5# Flaked oats
0.5# Rice hulls
1# Lactose

1 oz Vic Secret (19.2AA) @ 5 min
1 oz Galaxy (16.1AA) @ 5 min
1 oz Vic Secret (19.2AA) @ FO
1 oz Galaxy (16.1AA) @ FO
1 oz Vic Secret (19.2AA) @ High Krausen
1 oz Galaxy (16.1AA) @ High Krausen
1 oz Vic Secret (19.2AA) @ 7 days before kegging
1 oz Galaxy (16.1AA) @ 7 days before kegging

Wyeast 1318 (London Ale III)

4# Frozen mango chunk
1 Tahatian vanilla bean

• Add lactose 5 minutes before end of boil
  • Steep FO hops (or whirlpool) for 10 min before cooling
  • Add first dry hop at high krausen for biotransformation
  • Add frozen mango to secondary 7 days before kegging
  • Cut vanilla bean in half lengthwise and soak in vodka overnight - add 7 days before kegging

I added the mango to a 5 gallon paint strainer bag closed with a cable tie and added into secondary (Big Mouth Bubbler made this easy).

I might have put the second round of dry hops and the mango at 10 days… I’d have to look back at my notes and don’t have them on this computer.

Next time I might drop the acidulated malt (I don’t measure Ph but not sure I really needed this), or might increase the mango to 5#. Nevertheless, it turned out great in my opinion.

Oil it?! what???

Holy Guacamole!! After only 2 hours of my Caribou Slobber being in the primary and the air lock is playing my favorite tune!!!

3 Likes

Sounds interesting…

No bittering hops at all?

Nope… just the 5 minute additions. I think I came in at 19 IBU. Low bitterness is typical for a NEIPA as I understand the style. I think it’s balanced nicely. The mango is actually quite subtle but the Vic Secret and Galaxy are really nice together. Smelled like a tropical fruit salad before I even added the mango. So tasty…

Looks awesome

My latest on keg. Kill disco ipa

3 Likes

Is this a 10 gal batch? I recently did a milkshake that turned out decent but not exactly what I wanted. I used 2 vanilla beans and still didn’t get much from them. I also used 1 pound of lactose and that seemed to be too much for the 5 gallons I brewed. I’m not a huge mango fan but it seems to work in a lot of great beers. I may give your recipe a shot! Thanks

Yup… Put a small handful into the input… Nothing gets stuck… So far its worked just fine. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Sneezles61

It was a five gallon batch. I get crappy efficiency so added a few extra pounds of grain to get to my target.