What’s Brewin’?

I was trolling you guys for personal opinions on the torbinado sugar

And yeast I have Belgian Ardennes wy 3522 but I’m going to the store in the AM. I’ve also used WL 530 in this style. This is a beer I brew around veterans day it’s called " never forget ale" I toast all the men and women we’ve lost to all war

2 Likes

Very noble plan B_C… I haven’t a clue what tornado sugar is so… well, the bait went right me…:confused: Sneezles61

I used yeast this on a Triple that I loved.

Fascinating! Why haven’t we heard more of this?
So, I read some… there are a few recipes that use sugar… This would look to be a good adjunct to a brown… Hence New Castle? Which is one of the 2 brews that brought me to this place… And left me… :blush:
Time to make a recipe for UFO’s! Sneezles61

You’re stuck with us now Sneezles! :joy: Just ordered ingredients from LHBS for Denny’s BVIP for this weekend’s session. I’ll grab them on way home from work Friday and start spinning up a starter. Can’t hardly wait!

:beers:
Rad

2 Likes

Brewed that for my last brew without the bourbon. It came out excellent. Took some with me on our trip to Texas and my brother-in-law’s neighbor kept sneaking over all week asking for more please.

I’ll be just like a booger, stuck to yer finger! :joy: I’ll see if my fest-ale-val is ready for cold crashing this W/E… Next up… Lager time! I’m trying to read up on low O2 technics… Sneezles61

Can I just say this was an absolutely unbelievably perfect day for brewing in December 2?! Wow!! It was 65 and flat out gorgeous today. Sucked up a whole bunch of leaves from the swamp that is currently my backyard during the mash and now enjoying a Hop Juju from Fatheads. Today is Festivus Miracle AG, never tried before and been a while since I brewed a winter seasonal so figured I’d give it a shot.

:beers:
Rad

2 Likes

@radagast I agree! Had I paid attention to the weather I too would have brewed as it was 65° on December 2nd here in OH!

Oh well, at least I got my car washed… :smirk:

I’m plotting and scheming… This coming W/E… a small batch… Sneezles61

Just got my 5 gal batch of NB’s Cream Ale in the primary. It’s my second time with Cream Ale, I like it and it’s a good one to share with most anyone. I’ll have updates in about a month!! :grin:

1 Like

Been busy here and At the brewery.. Was able to brew a blonde ale today that I’m trying to convert into a cherry cheesecake beer.
Need some decent temps to get a gose in the fermenter…

Cherry cheese cake? I’m not feeling it.

One thing I’ve come to learn about this endeavor is that it’s not about “me” but rather the consumer. I’ve developed several beers that I don’t “feel” but others love. To each their own.

Yeah, thats what I keep telling the local brewer… He’s chained to the commodity… MONEY!
I can brew what I want, when I want ( Dammit, work really gets in the way) and not have any worries… Sneezles61

Could you expand on the recipee

Brewcat IPA gets kegged tomorrow. 2H gets 3.5oz dry hop on Tuesday. Brew up a saison maybe tomorrow. Then hopefully get my lager series started next week

1 Like

So whats the first lager? Perhaps start a new thread… For this new lager season? Sneezles61

1 Like