What’s Brewin’?

You seem to have enough sun there you could rig up something like this guy did for his 3D printer instead of gas :slight_smile:

1 Like

Been thinking about this idea. So contacted. A solar panel. Person. He said. It gives. Not enough power. To. Run a machine a beer brew machine.

In that vedio he is using lens and not traditional solar. Here’s a video of a system that claims to reach 165F

If you put black hose (5 gallons of it) on the roof of what you are building I bet you could get to mash temperatures for nearly free. Copper tubing would be better because your beer wouldn’t take like hose water. Or you could use Pex tubing since that is what we use for drinking water here.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Solar+Pool+Heater&client=firefox-b-1&source=lnms&tbm=shop&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj0vb6MuaTcAhXBnOAKHcGsCJMQ_AUICigB&biw=1700&bih=1213

1 Like

This might work. Will see if i have time. Now busy constructing the brew area. Pfff down fall. Can not brew. To much dust and sand in the air. Maybe this sunday will brew. But been looking at the picture. Easy to do. Get a huge coil mmmm i think

Huge coil painted black. Copper would last longer but if you look at the Pex builds they shield the Pex from UV with some black wrap.

Use black plastic well pipe

Assume that has no decernable taste like the Pex

That’s correct it’s what is used in probably most deep wells. As far a uv stable I’ve had some laying around and hasn’t broken down

This is just mindless wandering and wondering. Haven’'t even tried to look up any information. Will the well water pipe stay tasteless with hot water flowing through it? All of our well water lines are the black plastic and just fine with cold water.

Easy enough to run it through your IC as a heat exchanger

What’s Brewin’?

Ready to rack 10 gallons of my Rye IPA this weekend.
But I always say, “When the Beer Frig is Full, its time to Brew”.

We really blasted through my Vienna IPA last weekend at a Charity Event so maybe I should do that again.

Vienna IPA 10 gallon batch (my 2nd favorite):
25 lbs Vienna Malt
3 lbs Crystal 20
2 oz Chinook at 60
4 oz Chinook at 30
4 oz Centennial at 1
2 packs WLP001 (or 1 with yeast starter)
IBU=103.3

Hmmm,
I was going to work on my daughter’s brakes…

Maybe I review her brakes this weekend and brew and then work on her brakes next weekend…

Thoughts?

3 Likes

Just take her vehicle away for a week instead of reviewing… that should work out for you.

1 Like

That works out to about 7.8%!!! holy moly!! I’d call that a mind bender! :sunglasses: Sneezles61

Come over. Building and home brew

1 Like

Finally got a break in the hot weather. Started kettle souring my Gose. Got 3 lbs black current so going for it a 5 gallon batch. I’ll save the raspberries for wine. Everyone loved last year’s. Anyone make or have a black current sour?

Check shortsbrewing. Thier black currrant sour is pretty awesome. https://www.shortsbrewing.com/. Its dry hoped alittle tropical fruit/ citrus finish. Citra, Amarillo and Cascade and maybe Mosaic hops hard to tell the black currant and the sourness gives it almost a tart cherry taste the finish is where you pick the citrus.

I looked it up. It said it is dry hopped 30 ibu. My wort is souring so I have time to make some decisions before I do the boil. The recipe is wheat based the 13irteen sounds like a sour pale ale with currants. It sounds good but might not work with what I’ve got. I mashed at 155 so o don’t think it will be very dry. Going with a saison yeast

It’s cherry season here in West Michigan so time for a Cherry Saison. Going to freeze some for later this year as well.

3 Likes

Look up a cherry kriek… been so long since I’ve tried one… my memory is hazy… Sneezles61

1 Like

Brut IPA tomorrow and a Helles Saturday. Gotta get ready for Oktoberfest celebrations!