What’s Brewin’?

Dry huh? Think it was recipe, mash, or attenuation. Carbonation is likely going to contribute to the perceived dryness.

recipe, I added 1/2 lb each corn sugar and flaked wheat mashed at 150 and ended .006 so all of the above. its kind of like a hoppy pilsner

1 Like

Dryer brews taste better to me… does that mean it’s crisper?
Sneezles61

I wouldn’t call this crisp which i think is more related to carbonation. Beers can often be adjusted in the keg with carbonation levels. Harder to do when bottling

1 Like

This is it

4 Likes

Looks like a tasty beer. Another thing I was thinking- what were your sulfate levels?

just added a bit of gypsum for a balanced profile

Yeah and in balance with the Chloride. Thought maybe it was also contributing to the ‘dryness’.

Great Lakes Christmas clone from BYO mag a few years back. Enjoyed it so much it’s become an annual brew. :sunglasses:

:beers:
Rad

3 Likes

BVIP brewday before Stillers game on a beautiful chilly fall afternoon. :sunglasses:

Rad

2 Likes

got an oyster stout going now was going to do a lager but needed yeast so I ordered some from label peelers with free shipping. @WMNoob turned me on to MI hop alliance so I ordered som hops from there good deals going on there. Still waiting for deal on grains.

3 Likes

Here’s a new one: brewing a NA beer tomorrow! Going to try to make it an IPA. Should be interesting to see how this turns out…

2 Likes

Now there’s sumptin’ to hear more about!
Sneezles61

well kegged a brewcat IPA and my oyster stout. These are my favorite two brews and try to keep them on tap. I have some lagers weighed out and have a NEIPA formulating in my head. It will have mosaic and oyster shells. Im liking the mouth feel im getting in the stout and hope it will show up in the NEIPA. It is a NEIPA so it is appropriate i gues. maybe just add calcium late boil but oyster shells is more marketable :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Just mashed in on Lakefront Bridge Burner from our hosts. A good winter beer that I have been doing annually for a while. Sadly, went to check on the recipe and it shows 404 not found, so I guess NB isn’t selling that kit anymore. Thankfully I have the recipe so I can piece it together. Been a while since I got the chance to brew, so this should be a nice fun snowy brew day. :sunglasses:

Rad

3 Likes

Nugget Nectar clone today, bit late on this one this year cause the real thing is already out in stores. :sunglasses:

Rad

1 Like

NEIPA w/oysters and Mosaic hops today. Its a new recipe I came up with. I have no name yet

1 Like

A feather dropped in my boil out of nowhere. Its windy and cold with snow on the ground. Could be a sign. But of what?

1 Like

You’ll be making a feather lite brew? Or will it help get the floc out?
Sneezles61

1 Like

It won’t be feather lite at .072 the feather was so small so it won’t add any flavor