What’s Brewin’?

t My lineup all measured and ready to go. Just finished the Kazbek Pilsner

1 Like

RDWHAHB… The words of wisdom the maha… rajhah… Geez… Charlie P said so elegantly! :sunglasses: Sneezles61

For sure, see my picture your pour post

What you don’t know won’t hurt you then right? lol.

Guess it depends if you pump water or wort (sugar) through it.

I would be concerned if your pump is being used for chilling/whirl-pooling just before fermentation.
But if you pump boiling wort through right before then you are ok.

I agree, cleaning the pump should not need to be done after every session.

My steel head had some black build up on the propellers. I used to just run water through it to clean it.
The Rip Tide had rust from some very small metal imperfections in the SS part. I call them and had it replaced under warranty. The replacement part is perfect. The Riptide is so easy to take apart so if pumping wort, I will probably clean it more frequently as I am now making NEIPAs and use it for whirl-pooling hop additions and chilling.

But this is a What’s Brewing channel so

Beer Frig:
Tap Left - Mosaic Promise Clone
Center Tap - Stout - Nice and Chewy recipe that I got from sneezles61 (Awesome)
Right Tap - Vienna IPA - inspired by Dark Horse Crooked Tree IPA

Keezer: (need to dry hop both batches this weekend, then they enter the Keezer)
Ryecoe IPA Clone
Rye DIPA - 2nd half of 10 gallon batch where I added more Corn Sugar and a ton of hops (my evil beer, >100 IBU)

1 Like

Guarantee you if I opened it today it would be spotless inside.

Yes I pump boiling water through it before and after use. Every few months or so…or when I think about it…I’ll run some boiling hot PBW through it.

It was a little noisy last time I used it so I’ll replace the teflon washer soon. I’ll video the disassmbly to document the cleanliness.

If anything is collecting inside there then there’s a flow issue with the pump desgn IMO.

OK derailed this thread enough…haha

2 Likes

Video of pump inspection is here:

Thanks for moving the post @dannyboy58

1 Like

I changed the lineup from above. Doing the long trail today moved the Gose after the doppelbock. Anyone else brewing today

Not this weekend. Hoping to get one in next weekend though. Just not sure what.

Just going through the freezer thought I had Willamette but alas it’s not the case. Going to sub fuggles. It’s only calling for .5 oz late so I guess it should be alright. They call it an Altbier but it looks like an ESB to me

Yeah English hops in a altbier would make me think ESB as well.

That and the London ale yeast

1 Like

Doing some experimental brews to day with wild yeast i harvested. I got this yeast off prunes. It seems to have rapid reproduction rate on the slants and has low temperature range down to 50 degrees and no slowing in growth rate at lower temperature. Compared to 70 degrees. Its abv tolerance is around 8% . Hop tolerance has yet to be determined on it 21 ibu it didnt slow or inhibit growth Its not tested yet for strain identification but has a lot of brett qualities under the microscope and in fermentation throwing some funkiness and reminds me of Belgian/Saison strain with ester production at 70 degrees.

2 Likes

No brewing, but I bottled a Kveik/pedio cider from 2017 and a Thomas Hardy ale clone that’s just over a year in secondary.

2 Likes

You have extraordinary patience

2 Likes

Ridiculous pipeline…

1 Like

I kegged a that big 'ol DNERIPA and the Brut I brewed back on the 8th. Come on CO2!!!

2 Likes

Tasted my Schwarzbier today. Brewed mid December, kegged and cold conditioning for about 3 weeks now. Pretty good. More body and fuller mouthfeel than necessary for the style. Not sure where I got the recipe or why I decided to try a different one. It’s a good beer but I won’t use the flaked barley next time.

Thirsty Pagan in Superior Wi. had a brew the head brewer did the same thing… I could swear it had a nice background like the Duvel yeast did… I was a fan… Then she left and is now brewing at another place… I haven’t seen any wild yeast strains where she’s at now… I’ll need to ask her IF its in the future… Sneezles61

1 Like