What have ya brewed lately?

New to brewing. My first beer is NB Irish Red Ale which I just bottled last week. Second beer is Dead Ringer IPA which is sitting in the primary. As soon as that moves to secondary this weekend I plan to brew the White House Honey Ale. This is my first beer that won’t be a kit, but still nothing too adventurous other than changing the yeast strain. I’m enjoying this new hobby…may have to get another fermentor so I don’t have to constantly wait to brew the next batch.

I bought a new fermentor after my second batch…and bought a carboy so now I can have 3 going at once in different stages

go get the other fermenter…you will be glad you did
:cheers:

I bought a new fermentor after my second batch…and bought a carboy so now I can have 3 going at once in different stages

:cheers: [/quote]

Welcome to the never ending process. That is how I started and now I have 14 kegs, 4 buckets, 4 carboys, (2) 8 gallon fermenters and (4) 13 gallon fermentors.

[quote=“inhousebrew”]Lately I’ve been digging low gravity beers. I know, boring right? But I like drinking without necessarily being really drunk all the time so the last two beers have been attempts at session beers. The first was my Americanized session beer which was supposed to be a low gravity APA but I overshot my efficiency and wound up at 5.2% ABV. Oh well right? My one fermenting now is a is a simple English Bitter and I have a bag of grain laying around for a Mild.

Oh yeah, and I just brewed Northern Brewer’s Oud Bruin kit as my second sour beer.[/quote]

Nothing boring to me about low gravity. It is what I want to drink most of the time. If I can’t drink ten of them at a time why bother?

I have done an extract bitter (3.5%) and a partial mash Mild (4 %) recently. Starting next week I will be back to all grain with a best bitter (4.5%) and a relatively dry stout (4.2%) for the holidays.

These are not ultra challenging to make I agree. But they are what I want to drink, and what my friends would want to party with.

And also remember, it is actually not easy to find good comercial beers with lower gravities. And this is why many of us brew - to make what is not easily available.

Amen. The latest pack of commercial claiming to be a session beer that I bought was 6%abv.

:cheers: [/quote]

Welcome to the never ending process. That is how I started and now I have 14 kegs, 4 buckets, 4 carboys, (2) 8 gallon fermenters and (4) 13 gallon fermentors.[/quote]
you got me beat there, 560sdl. I got 2@6 1/2, 2@5, and a 14 gallon heated & cooled conical. and my 5.3+ oak barrel (it’s closer to 6).

I would love to play with your conical for a while.

Oh, that sounds really strange, doesn’t it?

5 gal cream ale on tap
5 gal cynic clone on tap
10 gal vanilla porter ageing
5 gal belgian triple ageing
5 gal cream ale secondary
5 gal wheat ale secondary
5 gal NB Saison Noel secondary
10 gal wheat ale fermenting

All brewed within the last two months.
The strangest thing about this list is I brew
mostly APA’s, but none in the last 50 gallons.

Brewed a Wee Heavy, The Number Eight Trappist Ale and the Adventageous Weisenbock all on Monday. It’d been a while since I brewed so I need to kickstart back into the swing of things. Next week I plan on brewing the La Petite Orange kit. They were all out of the yeast for it last time I visited the store.

Brewed up my Assilepsy Ale, a Dead Ringer, Tallgrass Oasis and a Mild Rye.
Got the next 4 recipes and ingredients ready so I hope to be brewing every other week then buy more bulk grain and keep the pipeline going.

Tried to brew a nice light pale ale for my dad and it turned out very hoppy.

I’ve brewed a bunch but I still want to get 60 more gallons in this year. I made another 12 gallon batch of Denny’s Old Stoner BW with a 1.135 OG 10 days ago.

just did a Brown ale last night…added some pure Maple syrup at flameout
seemed a little thick-ish, and really sweet
OG was 1059, so it seems the maple syrup added about 7 points
8)

kegged up my canadian breakfast stout last sunday. Quick force carbed, and letting it carb up the rest of the way somewhat more gradually and clarify. Turning out realllllll tasty…

For extract, I brewed a hefe a few weeks ago that is almost gone already. Turned out great. I still like to brew extract, it’s fun and different from the usual brew day.

Just sampled my extract version of NB’s Big Honkin’ Stout - after a bit over three weeks in bottle.
Creamy and delicious…

Just made a 22 gallon batch of all Belma hopped pale ale yesterday. We’ll see how she turned out in a month.

Just had the last of the St. Paul Porter… the Winter Warmer is coming into its own, so I’ve been drinking a fair amount of that. I cracked open a Black IPA last night, and while it is way too young, it shows a lot of promise. The White House porter is in the fermenter, bubbling steadily away (nine days into fermentation, and I still hear the airlock bubbling once a minute or so… fifty five degrees ambient temperature does some funny things). I’m still debating what to make next…

Extract, right? :wink:

I brewed another extract batch last night, 6lb gold LME, 1lb light DME, 1/2lb Crystal 50/60 steeped while the water came up to 160, then took it out. I’ve heard about pH issues with steeping in full volume and getting astringency, but I’ve done it before without noticing it. It’s only a 1/2 pound…I don’t know. Anyway, I blended 2oz Simcoe and 2oz Amarillo. Smelled great. Calling it Simcarillo IPA. I swear I’m seen that somewhere, maybe. US-05 for yeast. Nice to be able to knock out a brew day here and there on a weeknight and not be up too late.

[quote=“Beersk”][quote=“MullerBrau”]Just made a 22 gallon batch of all Belma hopped pale ale yesterday. We’ll see how she turned out in a month.[/quote]Extract, right? :wink: