What has your 2012 hop harvest purchases been?

I’m super happy with what I have acquired. No one would have a hard time knowing which styles I like to brew the most.

Amarillo leaf - 1#
Citra leaf - 1#
Centennial leaf - 1#

Belma pellet - 2#
Cascade pellet -1#
Centennial pellet - 1#
Columbus pellet - 1#
Williamette pellet - 1#
zythos pellet - 1#
Simcoe pellet - 1#
Falconers flight 7c’s pellet - 1#

1 lb each of Bravo, Sonnet, Willamette, Chinook, Magnum. 2 lbs each of Centennial and Simcoe. 3 lbs each of Cascade, Amarillo, and Columbus.

Never brewed with sonnet? Have you used them yet? And from what I am reading, I am getting mixed stories. Some are saying a saaz like hop, others are saying golding characteristics.

If you have used them, which way do you find them to fall?

NZ:
Motueka
Rakau
Riwaka
Nelson Sauvin

Aus:
Galaxy
Summer

Germany (technically 2011 harvest, but got them in 2012):
Smaragd
Polaris

US:
Amarillo
Simcoe
Chinook
Mosaic
Meridian
Belma
Sterling
Centennial

Still planning on buying:
Crystal
Caliente
Glacier (possibly)

Looking for:
El Dorado

[quote=“muddywater_grant”]Never brewed with sonnet? Have you used them yet? And from what I am reading, I am getting mixed stories. Some are saying a saaz like hop, others are saying golding characteristics.

If you have used them, which way do you find them to fall?[/quote]

Boy, it’s been a long time since I’ve had Saaz. The hops were a bit different different than goldings, but I cannot confirm whether they remind me of Saaz. I do remember thinking that they tasted like a blend of Willamette and Liberty that I had used in a previous brown ale that I brewed.

J

N Sauvin
Pacific Jade
Pride of Ringwood
Motueka
Amarillo
Citra
Centennial
Simcoe
Bravo
Apollo
I’ve still got quite a few lbs of 2011, all in Nitrogen flushed packages. Still have a couple more on the list when my bank account allows.

[quote=“erockrph”]NZ:

Looking for:
El Dorado[/quote]
Liked the Hoptober, eh? Me too. Haven’t seen any of it.

I forgot one of the most interesting: Ultra. It’s a Mt. Hood-Crystal relative, in other words a Mittelfrueh descendent/replacement, but it has an AA% of better than 9. If it’s as good as those with that kind of bittering potential, that could be a great dual purpose hop.

I bought a # of Ultra from hopsdirect last year. AA of 9%. Used the whole pound. Found it to be quite versatile, from lighter wheat beers to Denny’s Santa’s Helper. Didn’t end up using it in anything terribly hoppy, but made some nice mellow pale ales with it as well. Subtle spice/flower notes.

Would’ve bought another # this harvest, but there are too many others hops I want to try instead.

I bought a # of Ultra from hopsdirect last year. AA of 9%. Used the whole pound. Found it to be quite versatile, from lighter wheat beers to Denny’s Santa’s Helper. Didn’t end up using it in anything terribly hoppy, but made some nice mellow pale ales with it as well. Subtle spice/flower notes.

Would’ve bought another # this harvest, but there are too many others hops I want to try instead.[/quote]

I think the AA% this year is up to 9.6%. The Ultra from Hops Direct last year was fantastic. It works great in place of Tettnanger or Saaz, and I even liked adding it to APA’s in combo with C hops to give a nice complexity. I’d buy more, but I’m maxed out on hops right now so I’m trying to limit my purchases to varieties I haven’t tried yet.

[quote=“muddywater_grant”]I’m super happy with what I have acquired. No one would have a hard time knowing which styles I like to brew the most.

Amarillo leaf - 1#
Citra leaf - 1#
Centennial leaf - 1#

Belma pellet - 2#
Cascade pellet -1#
Centennial pellet - 1#
Columbus pellet - 1#
Williamette pellet - 1#
zythos pellet - 1#
Simcoe pellet - 1#
Falconers flight 7c’s pellet - 1#[/quote]

Just got to open my first winter solstice present from the girl friend. They needed to go in the freezer.

1# Nelson Sauvon
1# Faloners Flight
0.5 Sorachi Ace

I love that freakin’ woman.

CASCADE – Pellets 2#
CENTENNIAL – Pellets 3#
COLUMBUS – Pellets 1#
MAGNUM US – Pellets 1#
BELMA™ ™ – Pellets 1#
CHINOOK – Pellets 1#
CLUSTER – Pellets 1#
GLACIER – Pellets 1#