What has fallen into your brew kettle during BOIL

I’ve fished a few bees out of my fermenters. I once dropped a screwdriver into the boil pot while I was tightening the hose clamps on my chiller, luckily it was still new and not covered in grease and junk. I just finished the boil and fermented out the beer.

recently, some ice off the trees in the back yard. no harm, no fowl. :lol:

+1 at flameout - wort was still hot enough to sanitize the screwdriver, and the beer was fine. I went to a commercially made immersion chiller with hand-tightened hose connections.

I know it may be a little off topic, but this thread reminds me of the old joke:

A Englishman, a Scotsman, and an Irishman walk into a pub. They each buy a pint of beer.
Just as they were about to enjoy their creamy beverage three flies landed in each of their pints, and were stuck in the thick head.

The Englishman pushed his beer away from him in disgust. :x

The Scotsman fished the offending fly out of his beer and continued drinking it as if nothing had happened. :roll:

The Irishman too, picked the fly out of his drink, held it out over the beer and then started yelling, “SPIT IT OUT, SPIT IT OUT, YOU BASTARD!!” :twisted: