What happens at high conditioning temps?

TLDR: My fermented beer (Single hopped Centennial APA, dry hopped with simcoe) got up to 89* for probably about 12 hours. Fermentation (and dry hopping) were already completed and the beer tasted pretty darned good.

Details: In switching the jumpers on my temp controller from heat to cool, I forgot to switch out the plugs from my space heater to my chest freezer. Hence the controller kept kicking on to try to cool the beer down to 32* to cold crash, but that just kept heating the beer. I set it (incorrectly) at about 2-3pm one day, then realized my mistake and started cold crashing about 11am the next day.

I haven’t tasted it yet, and I know that’s the only real way to tell if its ruined. But I realized its a subject I don’t really know anything about. I know at a certain temperature, the yeast will autolyze and make meat juice out of beer, but 1) I’m hoping it wasn’t up there long enough to happen and 2) I want to know what else would have/could have happened to it chemically. I know this happens to commercial beer from time to time when its not shipped or stored with refrigeration, but am hoping this didn’t ruin my unfiltered, non-commercial beer.

I know at a certain temperature, the yeast will autolyze and make meat juice out of beer, but 1) I’m hoping it wasn’t up there long enough to happen

89° is about the optimum temperature for rehydrating yeast. No worries about autolysis. Belgian yeasts are sometimes actively fermented at higher temperatures

and 2) I want to know what else would have/could have happened to it chemically. I know this happens to commercial beer from time to time when its not shipped or stored with refrigeration, but am hoping this didn’t ruin my unfiltered, non-commercial beer.

Nothing happened chemically. Beer being skunked by shipping warm is a myth. Sitting out in the sun and reaching the boiling point is different.

Taste your next SG sample. I’m sure it will be as good as the last sample.

Thank you sir! Just needed some reassurance I suppose.