What happened to my boys?

Ijust read that keeler and Dawson left NB. I loved those 2 on all the brewtv episodes. Learned a lot and enjoyed their antics. Where are they now?

viewtopic.php?f=41&t=112914&p=989415&hilit=+Keeler#p989415 viewtopic.php?f=1&t=112769&hilit=Keeler

I think this topic has been discussed enough.

Either they had other aspirations, or NB felt they didn’t fit in their business model.

:roll:

That sucks.

I was skeptical at first but the new episode was solid. I did really dig Dawson but I guess it was the idea of the show that I liked the most.

Sorry but I justed started brewing and have been watching brewingtv and I just saw that they had left. Didnt mean to beat a dead horse.

So?

So?[/quote]

Good point! Isn’t that kind of what we do here. Debating batch sparging and fly sparging, secondary vs no secondary, when to make a yeast starter, water profiles, hop profiles…

well, going on about them won’t bring them back.

I think many of us miss the chemistry and humor of the BTV episodes that featured Keeler and Dawson. That having been said, I’ve found the last three episodes to be quite informative and entertaining; I even started my first batch of hard cider last week after re-watching that episode with Chip and Chris Smith. Needless to say, my basement smells GREAT right now, 5 days into the primary. I’m sure it wasn’t easy for Chip to have to soldier on without his two buddies (I hope they’re still buddies), so let’s show Chip how much we appreciate his efforts. Way to go Chip!

So we can get incredibly lame and irrelevant White House recipes but not an explanation as to why the reason I order from NB has been cut to the bone? What’s this gonna take, a FIOA request? Chip is fantastic, but BTV ain’t the same, and supporters deserve to know what happened IMO.

would you like it if the world knew your personal business? I figure if they (Dawson & Keeler) wanted everyone to know, they would have announced it.

Well put.

If you want to discuss it, do it in the previous threads. No reason to start a new one every week.

The forum is about brewing. Not who works at NB.

They left over the new bs non-flat shipping rates.

hornets nest, meet stick.

Sounds like it was less than amicable and my guess is that a no disparagement agreement was part of the deal to split; otherwise there would have been something said.

I agree that it is time to move on - this forum was never about Keeler and Dawson, rather about our shared passion for homebrewing. It’s still a bummer, but there’s nothing we can do to change it or to get an explanation of what happened.

Sounds like it was less than amicable and my guess is that a no disparagement agreement was part of the deal to split; otherwise there would have been something said.

I agree that it is time to move on - this forum was never about Keeler and Dawson, rather about our shared passion for homebrewing. It’s still a bummer, but there’s nothing we can do to change it or to get an explanation of what happened.