What happened to brewsaver shipping?

I noticed this option no longer exists - it was nice to have that option since other places are now offering free shipping for larger orders. Is the removal of brew saver shipping a permanent thing?

:roll:

http://www.northernbrewer.com/what-happ ... -shipping/

There was a long thread about this recently. I just did a comparison on another online site I was referred to that offers flat rate 7.95 shipping. That company just happens to have a white house honey porter so it was a good comparison except they did not give me the option of choosing my yeast and they showed danstar dry, wyeast AND WL yeasts in the kit picture. I expect they would include the cheapest one so I configured the NB kit with dry. once configured and shipping added they were exactly the same price since the other company’s kit was 7 bucks higher to begin with.

This is not a sales promo for NB…just an observation… :cheers:

[quote=“dannyboy58”]There was a long thread about this recently. I just did a comparison on another online site I was referred to that offers flat rate 7.95 shipping. That company just happens to have a white house honey porter so it was a good comparison except they did not give me the option of choosing my yeast and they showed danstar dry, wyeast AND WL yeasts in the kit picture. I expect they would include the cheapest one so I configured the NB kit with dry. once configured and shipping added they were exactly the same price since the other company’s kit was 7 bucks higher to begin with.

This is not a sales promo for NB…just an observation… :cheers: [/quote]

Another site that has flat-rate shipping is 3 bucks cheaper for the exact same kit shipped to my location. But for other items NB is the same price or cheaper when factoring in shipping (I know through experience). In the end, I price out my potential online orders with 3-4 reputable online retailers (all who have given me stellar customer service in the past). Unless there is a specific product that I’m looking for that I can only get at one shop, it’s about a 50-50 split between Northern Brewer, and another place who I won’t name out of respect for our host (but they’re based in Texas), as far as who provides the best value.