What Do You Stock Your Grain Supply With?

[quote=“rebuiltcellars”][quote=“MullerBrau”]I keep 55-330# of 2-row, and 2-10# each of C-10, C-20, C-40, C-60, C-75, C-120, CaraPils, Rye, Wheat & CaraVienna. That allows me to brew most anything on a whim. I brew 20+ gallons at a time.

I keep the grains uncrushed in UTZ pretzel containers (11# capacity) and PUB Mix (6# capacity) containers in the garage on top of the cabinets, neatly organized and labeled. No issues with the heat and the containers keep the humidity and insects out. I have taken a few pics of this area but cannot seem to locate them at this time.[/quote]
No Pils malt or Munich? Roast malts? How do you brew German beers, stouts or porters with that puny selection of grains?[/quote]Oops, yes I keep 6-20# each of Vienna and Munich and some roasted malts. I buy chocolate, special roast and others from my LHBS as needed. I rarely use Pils.

Here is a pic of the grain storage area. There are also 10# sealed bags behind the two cabinet doors on the left.

Well I’m getting ready to do two brews with some Best Malz Pilsner and Munich as the base, that have been in plastic 5 gallon buckets from Walmart for two-three years, stored either in the basement, or the carport. The buckets I have opened and tasted the grain in, tastes fine eaten raw. I guess in a few weeks I’ll know if it tastes good in the glass :cheers:

I typically buy a sack or two of 2 row and then store in my retired fermentation buckets. I also use the same pretzel containers that Greg posted for all my other grains.

I keep Crystal 15, 40, 60, 120; white wheat malt, Munich, Carapils, various roasted malts, vienna, and Rye on hand at all times.

I keep these in a cabinet in my man cave upstairs (spare room); so they are always at room temp.