What did you cook today?

I had a collection of glasses then I had a collection of kids. Now I have 1 glass of each type left. The nice thing about the standard shaker pint glass is the it is the hardiest and it is stackable. I’m not sure there is a better glass for my “application”. @brew_cat if you know of one tell me.

That’s exactly why bars use them. Luckily you have a few nice glasses left. Keep them off limits for other purposes. Save your nice glasses for admiring your craft or not. Hey shakers are better than slugging out of the bottle. That said of course I drink out of Shaker pints and slug out of the bottle when necessary but I won’t post a picture showing off my beer in one. Told you I’ve become a glass as well as a beer snob. I guess it’s one of the downfalls of this hobby. Maybe I should be ashamed.

For the derby. Going to make soft shelled tacos out of it for Cinco de Mayo.

Smoking it while I make this.

3 Likes

And yes. That’s a boil over…

1 Like

[quote=“loopie_beer, post:146, topic:25049, full:true”]
And yes. That’s a boil over…
[/quote]I got kind of excited because for a moment I thought you were going to teach us how to make Injera which the pic resembles. Yum

From Ye Olde Wikipedia : To make injera, teff flour is mixed with water and allowed to ferment for several days, as with a sourdough starter. As a result of this fermentation, injera has a mildly sour taste. The injera is then ready to be baked into large, flat pancakes. The dough’s viscosity allows it to be poured onto the baking surface, rather than rolled out, which is unusual for a yeast or sourdough bread.

I love the smell of burnt sugar in the morning! Hey, I stole that from a movie… I was going to brew today, but stayed up wwaayyy too late last night… Theres always tomorrow… right? :head_bandage: Sneezles61

I was up til 1 last night then the 4 year old had me up at 6:30 so I’m finishing a little early.

1 Like

Walleyes and brats! Sneezles61

3 Likes

You get those on opening day

Last winters catch… Just the right size for eating… Sneezles61

2 Likes

Only got on the ice once this winter but my grandson pulled up a nice gator

3 Likes

Nice Northern… I don’t keep them… Its got to be the slimiest creature God made… We can hold them about 3’ above the ice for a few minutes and all that slime creates a pedestal! Really, just clowning on you… I don’t fish much anymore… I hope in retirement to have a nice little 14’ boat for catching crappies… simple… :relieved: Sneezles61

Northerns are slimey and I wish I knew how to fillet around those Y bones because they are pretty tasty imo. Fun to catch as well because they always play like they are tired until you’re about to land them.

1 Like

Sold my off shore boat a few years ago and picked a 14’ with 9.9 Merc and also a 4 wheeler. I also have 4 canoes. Wife calls it my fleet. They get alot more use. I used to fish alot more. My grandson loves going out in the Radisson on the lake by camp with me we catch perch, blue gils, pike and bass all day until he says I don’t want to catch anymore let’s get lunch. Gotta love it

2 Likes

BWCA is my summer home. I grew up in a canoe

Did a trip up there a few years ago with my wife. Nice country

They came out pretty tasty. Good for sandwiches and cut up in chunks for salads.

3 Likes

what gallon kettle is that? Looks to me you you put 14 gallon in a 15 gallon pot lol!

Perhaps you drive by us on your way up north… If you take 35… Sneezles61

I think we are flying in to MSP airport this time and driving up. 35 is a common part of the trip. Last time I had time to kill before the flight home and took the family to the OG Northern Brewer store. It was like a pilgrimage.

1 Like