What did you cook today?

My neighbor got us some left over Spiny lobster from our annual seafood festival. Cooked and frozen to heat and eat. I thought “one” meant 1/2 a tail. Nope, one is both and I ordered 20. We thawed some out and heated them up on the grill one night. Last night I thawed another bunch then dug out the meat and put it in a Zip Loc. Maybe a lobster salad tonight.

For those of you that have not had warm water lobster, they have no claws. Spiny is a good name for them because they can put a hole in your finger if your not careful. Not as sweet as a Maine lobster but at $6 each not bad.

2 Likes

I also envy the use of the grill.

1 Like

Actually this was yesterday both made with Belgian Ardennes yeast

3 Likes

My wife has 2 loafs just about to go into the oven… Heffe yeast and whole wheat bread… Flars… your in Ws. really not thought about cheese? Really? :grin: Sneezles61

Hope you like banana bread. Mine came out with alot of banana flavor. So that’s all I cook with hefe yeast

Have you heard the term Bram. I believe that is when you top crop the active yeast off you’re fermenter and use that to make bread

My wife bread has great texture and crust… She didn’t use much salt so the next time she’ll up that… I think the beer yeast did a very good job! Sneezles61

I’m still struggling with mine does she make freeform bread? Can’t get mine to spring, always looking for advice

They were done in bread pans… Took quite a while, letting them rise… I will say she had the yeast out over night, added some sugar about 11 AM, In the bread pans about 2… didn’t bake until 6… Sneezles61

Saturday did a London broil on the grill with a dijon chive shallot butter for on top, along with twice baked potatoes and garden salad. Sadly It was served by me wearing a Tom Brady Jersey as it was the payment of my standing bet with friends up the street on the Pats/Steelers game. Loser has to cook dinner for the other family and wear the wrong jersey. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

It all turned out great and was good company at least. Sadly the new beers weren’t carbed yet so it paired up with margaritas before dinner and a nice bottle of cabernet to go with dinner. Also grabbed a 12 pack of Sierra Nevada experimental hop pack so had a few of those mixed in throughout the evenings festivities as well.

:beers:
Rad

5 Likes

Last night featured Reubens with left over corned beef. Baby Swiss if rather expensive. Substituted some Provolone but not using as much as I would Baby Swiss. Acceptable but not the same. Thin sliced corn beef is better than thick sliced and chunky. I tried to slice it thin but just started falling apart. Should have shredded it rather than leaving it chunky.

I like tater tots! Sneezles61

1 Like

Wife wanted linguine Alfredo with mushrooms for supper last night. I added parsley and toasted Panko bread crumbs.

1 Like

Finished the left over chili last night. Added cheese.@sneezles61 Good flavor. Will use cheese all the time. Now to find some good aged cheddar.

2 Likes

I really like Mexican cheese on mine… stir it up while really hot… cheese all gooey… Crunched up crackers… Oh yes, crackers dredged in butter… I need to have my wife makes some soon… Problem, no more garden tomatoes left… Sneezles61

I use commercial canned and diced tomatoes when our canned garden tomatoes are eaten up.

1 Like

As horrible as spring is… I’m looking forward to getting into the garden… Prepping the beds… starting seeds… Plant peas next W/E? Sneezles61

Yes the turkeys are also anxious around here. After their done with their spring fling they’ll bring the extended family over for a party in my garden

1 Like

We’re putting out extra sunflower seed for the turkeys. Our garden is fenced and looks too small for them to fly into. Turkeys having a hard time walking with the latest snow.

(I should have put this one in food and gardening.)

Even if they are well fed they dust themselves In any turned up soil. Between them the deer and the rabbits it’s a never ending battle. Even the Robin’s around here get into the act. I would put plantings in and the next day they would be all plucked. Not eaten just plucked and laid neatly down. I replanted them a couple times and then I caught them in the act. Did I mention crows. Oh and the Hawks wrecking my bluebird boxes. My front porch looks over all this. So I generally just sit on my front porch with a home brew and just watch the Carnage

1 Like