What did you cook today?

Jummy jummy

1961 Tremolux… Its actually in the shop… I’m very eager to hear it too!
Sneezles61

trying our hand at baking poppy seed and nut rolls like granny used to make

1 Like

Not today but a couple of nights ago we made Ahi tuna. Caught it myself trolling at the fish market with my Mastercard :crazy_face: My wife makes a roasted sesame sauce to dip the tuna in, drag it through the sesame seeds then sear it lightly. It comes out seared on the outside but still cool inside.

To go with it I picked up lobster bisque soup that was wonderful.

2 Likes

And the “drink of choice” on the dinner table?
Sneezles61

Friend of mine say. Fender amps his tool of the trade. He just scored a gig to play bass for the upcoming tour with micheal schenker. Msg

1 Like

I have to admit it was diet Coke.

1 Like

Steak wraps with Bubble stash IPA last night… Cryo hops from YVH brewing company…
Sneezles61

For dinner tonight I made Morels we found in the yard last night and some of last falls venison tenderloin along with a nice salad. :yum:

1 Like

Holy cow, when we processed our venison, the tenderloins were cooked as we wrapped up the meat…
I’ve not found Morels up here yet, but my sister has them about 1-1/2 hours south of here… I’ll need to send her a txt!
Sneezles61

We process our own too and always eat the two inner tenderloins fresh. Last nights meal was what people call backstrap I guess.

1 Like

Fresh flounder stuffed with crabmeat and white wine sauce

3 Likes

I know @hd4mark is close to Herman Wiemer vinyard highly recommend if you like dry Riesling. I cant stand the sweet stuff

Asparagus from the Brew Cat vineyard?
Sneezles61

What’s the sauce? Red powder smoked paprika?

Riesling wine with butter, cream, shallots, and grated swiss and Hungarian paprika

I’ve been working on perfecting a hummus recipe. I’m starting to get constant and delicious results

I honestly had never heard of Herman Wiemer vinyard. It’s about an 1 1/2 hours from me near Seneca lake. Beautiful country out there.

beautiful estate winery they have a nice tasting area. they also have a riesling dry reserve which is better but more expensive. I only drink dry riesling cant stand the sweet stuff

made about 7 gallons of pickles so far tomatoes and hot peppers starting to come in also boysenberries rippening. Between the drought conditions birds rabbits and deer its been a struggle. as long as I get to eat some stuff Im happy of course the wildlife is happier. Good thing I’m not dependent on my garden to survive

1 Like