What did you cook today?

I’m not a huge fan of fish sauce and actually skimp on it when a recipe calls for it. The pho recipe said 3 TBS, I put in maybe 1/2-3/4 TBS and i could taste it plenty.

1 Like

Fish sauce is definitely an acquired taste for me. I can understand people not being fond of it.
I also really like Ume Plum Vinegar which is much easier to love

1 Like

hot dogs with garlic some butter drizzled over it, paired with some chilli fries

1 Like

Very excited about the contents of this book.

1 Like

A couple of nights ago. Kebobs with chunks of chicken breast marinated in Salamidas State Fair Spedie sauce overnight. Bell peppers and some colorful tomatoes then on the grill.

3 Likes

We’ve been tinkering with different kebab marinades for both chicken and beef, they’re a great summer staple!

:beers:
Rad

Veggies from the garden?
That looks good!
Sneezles61

…and can be a good low carb option. Saves your carbs for beer!

1 Like

Need i say more

6 Likes

I made hummus from scratch for the first time. It’s pretty sensational.
Chickpeas
Garlic
Tahini
Fresh lemon juice
Salt
Olive oil
Into the Vitamix adding water until it was the right consistency

1 Like

Impossible burger on a homemade kaiser roll (getting better at the knotting thing, although I still have some work to do), Texas potato salad I was skeptical of this recipe , but very pleased with the result, and green beans from my (non-balcony) garden.

Not gonna lie……I do like Impossible Whoppers when fast food is the only option.

1 Like

I prefer the Beyond Burger but I’m really enjoying playing with these new options.
Tonight I’m making a baked rice which is delicious alternative to your standard rice as it’s crispy and can be served like a slice of pizza.

Steamed little neck clams, raw Mystic river oysters and a couple Wellfleet oysters with corn on the cob. Washed down with my Heffenweizenen.

@theprestigeweb do you also Homebrew?

I’ve gone down a rabbit hole of Southern Indian cooking. It’s so good and there is so much to learn.

I would also like to know @theprestigeweb You joined us then dug up an old non-homebrewing thread. That and your IP is in Serbia. Please reply. We welcome all brewers but no spammers.

Good deal! Go ahead and feel free to ask any questions as you develop your technique.

I made a very good salsa the other day with stuff from my garden. I fermented a bunch of hot long green peppers then blended with plum tomatoes garlic and lime. ( Didn’t grow the lime :disappointed:) . Kind of a take off from something someone posted on this thread. Was it you @radagast

Wasn’t me, we have grown cherry peppers before that go into hot mix with other vegetables, love that stuff, we need to grow some more. We did Banana Peppers this year, which we diced up and pickled.

:beers:
Rad