What did you cook today?

I usually keep the rosemary bush in the dining room. That cats won’t eat rosemary but it died this year. Was four years old. Had to buy some dried. Purchased rosemary is more sweet than the pungent I was growing. New potted rosemary coming back to the house this summer.

1 Like

Most people have flowerbeds for decoration. We’ve got vegetables, strawberries, and herbs along the sidewalk leading into the house in the summer. Makes for a little sensory treat before you hit the door.

2 Likes

We have so much stuff too… I call it edible landscaping… I really enjoy rubbing the leaves of the herbs and taking a wiff… We will add 3 more apple trees to our line up… I will make a whizz bang apple juicer this summer… Sneezles61

2 Likes

Tonight was a simple salad, garlic buttered shrimp, and angel hair pasta with alfredo sauce with garlic chives.

1 Like

Another simple meal for Friday. Pan fried tilapia fillets, raw fried potatoes, and green beans. Salads not pictured.

1 Like

gotta get some cast iron :wink:

Filled the crock pot this morning for a chili supper. Beef won’t go in until a half hour before eating to keep the meat medium rare.

In a few minutes will begin cooking a Witbier.

1 Like

You’re killin’ me Smalls! Looks great! I made a meatloaf last night spiked with shiitake mushrooms and onions sauteed in Marsala with garlic. Added bakers, baked beans, and a nice red leaf lettuce and spinach salad. Leftovers tonight!

You meant… Flars? Sneezles61

Yep, quoted a line from the movie “Sandlot”. :grin:

1 Like

Missed taking a picture but pressure cooked a rosemary garlic pork loin with potatoes. Added some steamed fresh cauliflower and broccoli and a spinach/red lettuce caprese salad with 13 year balsamic on it.

1 Like

Much more tasty than mine. I went with pan fried tilapia fillets, raw fried potatoes, and green beans.

1 Like

Yesterday morning, mixed 1/2 cup pre-cooked wild rice with 1 egg… Made it kinda like a pancake… That was sooo good, I’m doing it this AM too… Get the river wild rice if you can… Much cleaner than lake stuff. Sneezles61

smoked a turkey with applewood chips after brining for 3 days…turned out damn good! Wife then made baked turkey pie with some of it and that is delicious as well.

2 Likes

Didn’t cook it today, dated 8-26-2017. Found it in the freezer when looking for something else. Twenty-three smoked tilapia left in the bag. Thought it would make a good light lunch.

The Stevens Point Brewery Espresso Stout is a really great stout. I’ll have to get back to the place of my Alma mater to get a few cases.

1 Like

Was a big fan of Stevens Point beer about 20’years ago. Point was my import go to here in Michigan. Thanks for reminding me!

Easy supper tonight. Some of the left over chili. Even better than the first day with a little aging. Buttered saltines with it to take care of some of the heat.

1 Like

I didn’t see any cheese… :neutral_face: Sneezles61

Or sour cream :slightly_smiling_face:

I haven’t thought about using cheese in years. I’ll have to go out and look for some aged sharp cheddar. Thanks for the reminder. My wife is the sour cream eater. She has heard of people using sour cream but never requested it. I do use some elbow pasta in my chili recipe for the color and texture variation.

1 Like