What control panel for controlling heating element and pump?

I would like to build a braumeister type set up…Does anyone have an idea of what control panel to use to control heating element for both mash and boil as well as controlling pump? Would the steelhead pump be too much?..I need to do alot of research before i start the build any help will be appreciated…thank you

for controlling mash and boil try www.auberins.com for a pid.

Nice…any ideas for the pump?

march pump or little giant.

What do you think about the steelhead pump?..Is it to strong to recirculate the wort ina single vessel braumeister type rig?

I can’t speak from experience with pumps just passing on info from other opinions from this forum. My electric system is totally gravity fed.

Thanks alot cheers

You can find PIDs really cheap on Ebay but they’re usually relay output rather than solid state. They also don’t have the capability to have a percentage output, which is helpful for dialing back a vigorous boil. I’d recommend spending the extra $$ and getting the one from Auberins

The important part of the auber pid is the ability to go manual this is needed during the boil.

I built my entire control panel with almost 100% Auber parts including their PIDs, relays, contactors, buttons, sensors, etc. Good prices and fast service. No reason to try and save a buck on some unknown items on Ebay when you can source almost 100% from Auber. Just my experience.

Auber also has the best RTD sensors and pre-made cables for the price than anyone. I couldn’t buy the parts for the cables for the price that they sell an awesome metal shielded assembly with box connections and PID wiring.

You might save a few bucks on some items by spending hours searching, but you may waste more time and pay more in shipping after having orders from many different sources. I was also able to source some misc parts from local electrical suppliers such as Grainger and Graybar.

As for pumps, I’ve used the March 809HS for years and now have them with March 815 impellers. They are the standard. Depending on your setup it might be a benefit to get the ones with the larger 3/4" center inlet but that’s a choice based on use and budget, but they do prime better in more situations as I’ve heard. Chugger makes a good pump and with a stainless head for about the price of a March. I have one of their stainless heads and it works well too.

If you haven’t already, check out http://www.theelectricbrewery.com/

[quote=“Dean Palmer”]I built my entire control panel with almost 100% Auber parts including their PIDs, relays, contactors, buttons, sensors, etc. Good prices and fast service. No reason to try and save a buck on some unknown items on Ebay when you can source almost 100% from Auber. Just my experience.

Auber also has the best RTD sensors and pre-made cables for the price than anyone. I couldn’t buy the parts for the cables for the price that they sell an awesome metal shielded assembly with box connections and PID wiring.

You might save a few bucks on some items by spending hours searching, but you may waste more time and pay more in shipping after having orders from many different sources. I was also able to source some misc parts from local electrical suppliers such as Grainger and Graybar.

As for pumps, I’ve used the March 809HS for years and now have them with March 815 impellers. They are the standard. Depending on your setup it might be a benefit to get the ones with the larger 3/4" center inlet but that’s a choice based on use and budget, but they do prime better in more situations as I’ve heard. Chugger makes a good pump and with a stainless head for about the price of a March. I have one of their stainless heads and it works well too.

If you haven’t already, check out http://www.theelectricbrewery.com/[/quote]
Cool man thank you