What are you drinking now

OK so I will get a little more serious even though we strayed off topic.

What is the solution to balance with this formula. You would think the answer would be to increase the gravity to even out the bitterness. Is it that simple?

Yes.

somewhere along the way I was told for to keep keep the IBU around the OG#

WIPA clear towards the end of the keg. I am using the floating dip tube

5 Likes

Oh my that creamy… dreamy wheat top brew is what I always romanticize about… That is the excellence only a well vested brewer can achieve!! Most excellent!
Sneezles61

Appropriate I would imagine!

4 Likes

Pretty beer

1 Like

Been better this year than in the past.

1 Like

Sadly, missed it this year, was all sold out by the time I went to look for it locally first week of December. Thankfully I have my clone on tap. :sunglasses:

:beers:
Rad

2 Likes

Yeah, I lucked into it while we were in Asheville back in October. It had just showed up there.

I’m sure it is gratifying to have a whole keg of it anyway!!

Got the recipe out of BYO a few years back, it’s pretty close. :sunglasses: My poor mother is sick so we’re not going over for dinner and Christmas tonight, so I dug into the cellar and have been working through a vertical tasting flight of Troeg’s Mad Elf starting with 2019. Currently working on 2021 vintage, 1 year is just about perfect for this beer. :evergreen_tree:

:beers:
Rad

2 Likes

Best of health to your mother. Cheers :beers:

1 Like

Not super sour but quite refreshing its all my daughter had in the fridge

Curious if the brewing recession has hit out there too?
Sneezles61

Wife has me going to Barry Manilow concert tonight so I’ll need this :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Most 6 packs about $10.50 2 sixers were $22 out the door with tax at a package store. Maybe a bit cheaper at the grocery. So actually a buck or so cheaper than I’d pay in CT. Of course everything else is more expensive so in order to save money I’ll need to buy more beer I think🤣

2 Likes

You mean, bring yer own brew?..
Holy Oh Old Manilow Voodoo!!! Supply an update after the concert?
Sneezles61

1 Like

Always one of my favorite CO brews

2 Likes

O’Dells IPA has been a great plain old IPA that I’ll enjoy just as well as Bells 2 Hearted …
Sneezles61

1 Like