What are you drinking now

Lagunitas Little Sumpin’ Extra while waiting for our to go pizza. Yum!

4 Likes

One of my favorites the Little Sumpin series, ive tried to replicate it. Its an Wheat IPA

Thinking of adding wheat to a pale ale or IPA on the drawing board. How much wheat do you guys add for head retention/other character?

I add about 10%

1 Like

If I were going to do a wheat IPA similar to little sumpin I’d go 30% but 10% should give you the head retention

1 Like

I’ve done 1 pound in a five gallon batch… and in many of my standard IPA’s PA’s, it hasn’t detracted from the flavor…
Sneezles61

1 Like

On a similar note wiesbier was almost empty so I put in in my mini keg and topped it off with my hazy IPA and that’s what Im drinking now

1 Like

What am I drinking now? Haha, hey guys!
I have 12 homebrewed beers on tap at all times now that I’m retired 3+ years. My old website came back up however, I don’t have software or skills to update it.
Rye IPA, Racer5, Heady Topper, Two Hearted, Marble Red, BVIP, Mosaic Pale ale, Spruce Juice, Big Foot APA, Pumpkin ale, Greg’s Hard Lemonade & Traverse City Cherry Hard Cider.
It’s a lot of work keeping this many beers on tap, especially since I get four cornies from each brew session. I don’t know how to post pictures on here anymore. Hope all is well with everybody.

5 Likes

That’s a lot on tap! And a lot of work! To post a pic hit the little icon that is an up arrow. Choose your pic, then let it upload. Easy as that!

Good to hear you haven’t put the kettles out for flower planters!
Sneezles61

Holy cow @mullerbrau nice to see you back. You have me beat 12 to 1 with beers on tap. One lonely Saison hooked to my jockey box. I do have you beat on years retired though :grinning:

1 Like

Cosmic Crown from Cigar City. My first taste of Galaxy hops. A Belgian style they say and smooth at 9% Dangerously tasty. My kind of brew.

1 Like

A pretty good brew!
Sneezles61

2 Likes

Now that is an old brewing name! Gluek made stite back awhile ….

3 Likes

Oh yes! And their Black and Tan was very good…. Shame they went away… I wonder if their yeast was the source of their unique flavor?
Now I’m imbibing on Bells Bohemian lager… another very tasty offering….
These last two harken me back to when Strohs was available… I think it was as hoppy as these are… that was in the 80’s!
Sneezles61
Edit: I did go looking about the difference from Czech Pils to Bohemian Pils… seems it’s about 6 oz of hop is the main answer…

1 Like

Kasato Muru - Japas Carverjaria
Japas is fast becoming one of my favorite breweries. Having taken a break from all things IPA this NEIPA is a nice combo breaker and reminds me why balance is the most important thing in a beer.

3 Likes

I think BU:GU balance was one of my biggest brewing “discoveries”. :sunglasses:

I just looked that up. So they took an IPA move the OG over a couple of places to get 80 then divided IBU by GU to get 1.

Next the same with a Belgian 37/79 to get .47 So the Belgian isn’t as bitter as an IPA. Well duh! I figured that right out without the formula.

2 Likes

When i first made beer I was so wrapped up in making a hoppy IPA. After a few attempts that were ridiculously over hopped I found the BU:GU scale by style. Eureka!! Even100+ IBU beers are palatable while quaffing and even the day after. I always make sure to fall within the BU:GU parameters for the style I’m making unless I’m making a specialty

1 Like

You guys have me so confused…. I just may have to look deep into the magic glass for answers!
Sneezles61

1 Like