What are you drinking now

Mine above is only 3 days in the bottle and 1 hour in the fridge. It be much less of a difference with more time

Do you think that naturally carbonated bubbles look smaller and more dense?

After the quick carbing, yes they appear a bit coarser… after a few days and it’s dissolved into the cold brew… I wouldn’t be able to tell them apart… In some of my brews when I really want the extra foamy head… It’ll look like meregne! Sneezles61

1 Like

One of the things i did learn. Drink at home. Or take a taxi home.

1 Like

Sierra Nevada Torpedo Extra IPA. Nice and available at Publix when your IPA home brew pipeline is kinked by moving(locally).

3 Likes

That’s one of my “gotos” I think their beer is excellent for what I can get at my corner store and I feel that they at least try to be a sustainable business.

"Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. won the US Environmental Protection Agency’s “Green Business of the Year” award for 2010.[20]

The brewery is powered by solar energy, having 10,000 photovoltaic modules covering its rooftops and parking lot.[21] In all, the brewery uses 2.6 megawatts of solar electricity on premises.[22] It also has built a charging station for electric vehicles on its premises.[1]

The company uses a small-scale BioPro™[23] biodiesel processor to convert the used cooking oil from its restaurant for biodiesel use in its delivery trucks. In 2009, it reached an agreement with a local ethanol company to produce high-grade ethanol fuel from its discarded yeast.[24] Spent grain is sold to local cattle ranchers for livestock feed; spent water is sent to the brewery’s own water treatment plant, where it is reused, mainly as drip irrigation for its fields.[25] Over 99.5% of the brewery plant’s solid waste is diverted from landfill.[25]

The company owns one mile of railway for use in intermodal freight transport, which aids in reducing the brewery’s carbon footprint. Each rail car can hold the equivalent of four semi-trailers of grain;[26] rail transport is more fuel efficient than road transport.

Sierra Nevada is the largest buyer of organic hops in the United States.[20] It also farms its own organic hops and barley for use in its annual Chico Estate Harvest Ale release.[27]

Sierra Nevada Brewing Company’s Mills River, NC facility earned a LEED Platinum certification in June 2016 [28] Sierra Nevada’s Mills River brewery is the only LEED Platinum certified brewery in the USA. The Mills River brewery is also a Platinum Zero Waste facility, certified by the US Zero Waste Business Council."

3 Likes

That’s one of my go to beers as well, a true classic.

1 Like

I keep buying Coppertail Unholy at Publix. Last time I found it in cans. The selection seems to vary and not usually a good price. Our Winn Dixie that finally opened last year after Irma has a terrible selection compared to the old store.

1 Like

I believe I’ve had the torpedo once…I know it’s a little hoppier…but I’ll check it out since we can’t get Bells in VA any longer…

My personal opinion is it’s superior to Bell s 2h

1 Like

Hefenweizen not completely conditioned but who can wait.

4 Likes

Looks great! I brewed one for a buddy of mine earlier this year. I’ve never been a big fan of wheat beers but it was pretty good!

I wish this iPad would post pictures… :disappointed: Sneezles61

share button doesn’t work for you?

It just sits and spins… :slightly_frowning_face: Sneezles61

I made this Beet Wine a year and a half ago and it was no good at the time. Today I got a bottle out for cooking purposes and it’s really not that bad now.

1 Like

Did you call it “Petula Clark”?

1 Like

a real nice brew. I enjoy while in colombia. A nice pilsner

1 Like

The smoke really is nice in this

Make My Day IPA with debittered Citra cryo hops by the wood stove

3 Likes