What are you drinking now

That stuff is really good! :innocent: Our host’s clone Zombie Dirt is an annual spring brew for me.

:beers:
Rad

1 Like

Guanabana is one of the fruits my kids fell in love with in Ecuador. Only place we’ve ever found it. Did you brew that? I can imagine a little goes a pretty long way. It’s very sweet.

There is a cool restaurant in Jupiter, FL that I wondered where the name came from https://www.guanabanas.com/

1 Like

Looks cool!

Expensive and not enough parking. They really push valet. Still is cool though.

I can buy it frozen in my brooklyn grocery as this…

1 Like

That place is way too fancy for an old plow horse like me… I really enjoy quaffing some brews in a garage with a wood stove burning… Watching it snow… There’s a piece of heaven! :hugs: Sneezles61

4 Likes

Good example of a ‘midwest’ ipa, along the lines of Bells Two Hearted, but packaging doesn’t state what hops…undoubtedly not a single hop with centennial like Two hearted.

1 Like

From my understanding that is a single hop- Citra.

2 Likes

That’s what it tastes and smells like as I recall but it’s been a while.

Two hearted ale is %100 Centennial http://www.bellsbeer.com/beer/year-round/two-hearted-ale The clone our host sells is also.

I also like watching it snow. On the weather channel while sitting at a tiki bar quaffing some brews. :grin:

48° here this morning. I fired up the pellet stove to take the chill out of the house. Time to head south.:palm_tree:

3 Likes

The clone is 100% Citra, I am pretty sure Zombie Dust is too. I brew this and my Pseudo Sue Clone that are all Citra, typically hit up a bulk Citra purchase from Yakima for those. :innocent:

Rad

OK I’m confused. What beer and/or clone are we talking about here?

@voodoo_donut was referring to Zombie Dust and describing it as a midwest IPA, similar to Bell’s Two Hearted but not hopped with centennial.

@loopie_beer chimed in about Zombie Dust being single hop citra

Then @hd4mark chimed in regarding Bell’s Two Hearted.

So we’re talking about two beers.

At least that’s how I read it. :joy:

Rad

3 Likes

Thanks Rad. Now I get it. I have never had Zombie dust but have had and liked Two Hearted ale. I even made an AG clone using only Centennial of course.

Got into the blonde I made with the unknown hops. Tasty but definitely could use some tweaks to the grain. I think it’s going to be a good lawnmower beer.

1 Like

2 Likes

You can buy recipe kits directly from Bells

$35 fora kit that doesn’t even include yeast…haha… Good idea on their part I guess but c’mon even NB’s dead ringer kit is less WITH yeast.

I buy sacks of grain, hops by the pound and save lots of yeast slurry. Figure $1/pound for grain and a couple ounces of hops I have about 15 bucks in 5 gals of all centennial IPA. That’s why I recommend all grain brewers get away from kits and do their own recipe building ASAP.

3 Likes