My husband and I have a small “farmly”. We have a plethora of animals and plants. Our spent mash already goes to the chickens, turkeys and ducks. Knowing that hop vines and leaves are toxic to some animals makes us hesitant on using them as feed. Are hops toxic to goats or rabbits? Please keep in mind that our goat is for milk. As a grazer she will moderate how much she eats, so the bitterness caring over into the milk is not the main concern. The toxicity is our concern. The rabbits are for meat and fur. Rabbits make excellent composters for most weeds and garden debris. We would love to have them process the hop vines, after harvest, before the compost pile. Just wanted to make sure its safe for their digestive system.
A list of animals that can consume hops safely would be appreciated.
Thank you for your time.